Which League One Team To Be?

steelered21

Reaction score
Following on from my 'Which Championship Team To Be' thread, I want suggestions on which league 1 team to be.

Again I want to be a team that's going to be pushing for promotion and maybe a bit of money but not essential what with the free transfers available

Sheffield Wednesday, 350k budget to gain promotion. they have a decent quad also :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...84197-football-manager-2012-who-should-i.html
(It should go in here, I think - don't slate me if I'm wrong please!)

But I would go for Huddersfield Town, unlucky not be promoted last season or maybe Sheffield Wednesday who have a big fanbase, stadium and a good squad. Would be quite a fun challenge to get them into the Premier League. I don't think you should be posting so many 'Which Team to Be?' threads due to the fact that there is a 'Who Should I Be?' thread (see link above). It's extra work for Moderators, isn't it if you just post stupidly. Having said that, good luck in League 1!

Preston North End are a good choice, media prediction is 4th, insecure finances, sounds perfect for what you asked for!

Preston North End are a good choice, media prediction is 4th, insecure finances, sounds perfect for what you asked for!
Not a bad shout, mate, but I didn't know Preston's finances were that insecure. I mean, sure, relegation isn't going to make you the richest club in the world, but I though they had sold key players to gain some funds. Surely Andrew Lonergan, Sean St. Ledger and others would raise a fair bit of money?

Huddersfield have a quality side for that league, depends on how SI's 'experts' have rated them. good ground and financially secure too.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, Huddersfield quite tickels my fancy.

And I'll remember to put this in the right section next time!

Not a bad shout, mate, but I didn't know Preston's finances were that insecure. I mean, sure, relegation isn't going to make you the richest club in the world, but I though they had sold key players to gain some funds. Surely Andrew Lonergan, Sean St. Ledger and others would raise a fair bit of money?

They almost went into administration before the 2010/11 season before they got a new owner, and he doesn't give much money for transfers, just makes sure the club is still going! They have 24m debt on the game.

They almost went into administration before the 2010/11 season before they got a new owner, and he doesn't give much money for transfers, just makes sure the club is still going! They have 24m debt on the game.
Oh, interesting, thank God they didn't do a Portsmouth or Plymouth - I would hate to see any club go like Chester City did in 2010(?). Luckily both Plymouth and Pompey are safe now!

Back