Which patch is best for Argies?

El...Diablo

Reaction score
I don't really know if I explained myself correctly in the thread title :P.

Basically, what patch should I use to get the improved stats and potential of Argentinian players? For some reason or another they are my absolute FAVOURITE players to sign. I scouted Buonanotte (was an absolute star for me in FM09) and he wasn't very good (I did sign him though, I needed a winger within a couple of days that I could afford), however on another forum I am on somebody suggested I should sign him for United (when I first got the game I used Manchester United for a few games to get used to the game). Same goes for Di Maria, he has god alright stats but no-where near as good as he was on FM09.

Another player is Nicholas Otamendi, some people say he is a wonderkid yet in my version (10.0) his stats aren't good enough to be a star for my team (Lazio in the Serie A).

So what patch should I use to get the best out of these players?

I don't think they vary much between patches, Di Maria is amazing, maybe you aren't playing him right, Otamendi needs to develop to become world class.

10.2.0 should do really.

you could try and look for an unofficial update or something? if there is one it should be found in our state of the art download section. ;)

Doesn't really matter.
All the players you mentioned have a potential ability of -9 and a bunch of attributes set at 0.
That means, every new save their potential will be randomly set to between 150 and 170 with several attributes getting picked at random every tome you start a new save.
(Otamendi has -10 PA, so he's real PA will be between 170 and 200)
They all have the potential to be great and wonderkids and all, but in some saves they will take longer to develop.
Makes the game more interesting if there's some elements of randomness involved.
Also, most of the "hidden gems", i.e. the players that turn out really well but don't cost 20 million or more, might not be up to the standard of top tier football just yet.
Like, Buonanotte will probably struggle at United right now, but if you send him on loan or reserves with a few cup appearances, he will be first choice in 2 or 3 years.

I never knew it depended on that. That explains why Federico Laurito was absolutely AMAZING on my FM09 game for Udinese, but when I used the same patch and tried to sign him his stats were very poor.

As for waiting for them to become world class, all my scouts have atleast 18 for judging potential and ability, a few have 20 for both, and they all say Otamendi will be a "good" player in the future. I'll start a new game and take a look and see if their stats have changed.

Thanks alot guys, real eye opener :).

180-200 i thought?

I'm not gonna bet any money on that but I read in quite a few places that there's actually a slight overlap between the -9 and -10 players.
I could probably verify by loading a few old saves, should I be able to force myself to fire up the genie scout.

As for scouts, I trust them in general but even they get it wrong at times....

I scouted Andrej Kramaric in one save, with my top scout (JPA/JPP 20, working with youngsters 18), and he told me he'd turn into a good Championship striker in the future.

Four years and a top Premier League Goalscorer award later I sold him to Barca for 38 million (not by choice, but board intervened and accepted the offer....).
So, use the scouts and listen, especially about how adaptable a prospect is, and if he would fit in, and be aware that a lower stat guy with very high determination can prove even the best scouts wrong....

Last edited:
bottom line is trust your gut feeling, ive always said it. but we are going a little off topic here......

have you patched el diablo?

I installed the 10.2 patch just now and all the said players are improved. My only problem now is I have to sign more cheap, but decent players because I sold so many to afford Otamendi, Di Maria and Buonanotte...

Back