Who did you sign in your first season in your first fm17 game

nikkif99uk

Reaction score
So this is something I find interesting.
Doesnt matter who the team is. Who were your signings in your very first fm17 game in the first season.

So who your team is who you signed and how much for.

I will add mine tomorrow as working tomorrow and need some sleep lol.

bournemouth

I started as Bournemouth.

Sold:
Marc Pugh - 8m - Aston Villa
Lewis Grabban - 2.5m - Leeds
Max Gradel - 21m - Liverpool

Bought:

Mitrovic - 7m
Carl Jenkinson - 5m
Jamaal Lascelles - 7m
Theo Walcott - 12m + Afobe
Diego Poyet - Free
Joe Gomez - Loan
Ronaldinho - Free (Waste of Money, never has fitness over 85% until about 3 weeks after a game and constantly moans if we lose or draw a game)
Timo Horn - 7.75m (Release Clause)

I play 3-5-2 so Gradel was useless and 21m was too good esp with a starting budget of 7 million.
Walcott was Transfer Listed for 18m and Afobe wanted to go to a bigger club after interest.
Mitrovic has been the biggest bargain by far though with 12 goals & 7 Assists by January

Started as Man Utd

Sold

Matteo Darmian - £12.25m (16m) - Chelsea

Loaned Out
Phil Jones - Tottenham
Marouane Fellaini - Leicester

Loaned In

Johannes Eggestein
Rodrigo Bentacur - 52k per month fee

Bought

Thiago Maia - 9.5m (14.25m)
Danilo - 5m (8m) - 73k
Jose Fonte - 6.5m (7.25m)
Ante Coric - 6m (8.75m)

For future

Dayot Upamecano - 1.1m (1.4m)
Jan Mlakar - 800k
Reece Oxford - 4.5m (5.25m)
Thomas Buitink - 525k
Zymer Bytyqi - 500k
Moise Kean - 1.1m
Blair Spittal - 250k
Fred Onyedinma - 575k (700k)
Tobias Gran - 12.25k
David Nieland - 600k
Jack Dyche - 180k (215k)
Soufiane Karkache - 625k
Diogo Queiros - 600k
Alban Dupa - 75k (93k)
Anderson Lopez - 600k
Jelle Duin - 150k (185k)
Jean-Charles Kerjean - 65k (78k)
Tobias Svendsen - 13.25k
Afonso Sousa - 900k
Hasan Ozkan - 170k
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 725k (1.5m)
Jason Cummings - 575k
Adam El Idrissi - 300k (350k)
Giorgio Rasulo - 450k (500k)
Luis Pinheiro - 575k
Kuki - 750k
Ryan Leak - 6k
Ben Tilney - 250k
Max Sanders - 400k
Juan (Villareal) - 24k
Calvin Miller - 150k (205k)
Toni Lato - 800k
Tibault Viletinck - 300k (425k)
Jose Gomes - 150k (200k)
Elton Kusi - 500k (550k)
Sander Svendsen - 230k
Julian Green - 1.5m (2.3m)
Loic Bessile - 230k (300k)
Victor Torp - 70k (82k)
Marco Ramkilde - 325k (450k)
Will Wood - 170k (245k)
Jack Baird - 70k
Coll Donaldson - 75k (83k)
Stephen Mallan - 160k (180k)
Jorge Escamilla - 7k
Liam Kelly - 400k (550k)
Bilal Ould-Chich - 525k (700k)
Ibrahima Diallo - 725k (2.1m)
Pavel Savitskiy - 120k (160k)
Wilfrid Kaptoum - 235k (250k)
Liam Kinsella - 625k (1.5m)
Carlos Badal - 325k (700k)
Federico Vietto - 700k
Liam Mandeville - 250k
Julian Ferreyra - 1.7m (3m)
Andre Dozzell - 500k
Alexander Isak - 750k
Dominc Telford - 160k
Martin Arenas - 600k
Flippo Melegoni - 2.5m (4.1m)
Barry McKay - 1.5m

Free

Justus Kauppinen
Oliver Davies
Maxence Gest
Leonardo Miramar
Pablo Rocheteau
Juanjo Manresa
Fernando Ferreiroa
Maxence Prevost
Alberto Rubio
Erico Sousa
Maiky Fecunda
Dimitar Berbatov
Kyle Clinton
Eder
Nana Owusu
Diego Poyet
Alexander McQueen
Zakaria Fdaouch
Lamarana Diallo
Jorge Gomez
Ze Alberto
Emmanuel Adebayor
Julian Remiti
Sinan Keskin
Ross Millen
Jeremy Houze
Ximon Aranguren
Ross Craig

Unknown if all the future kids will play for the team if not will sell some on for a healthy profit will see how they all develop. will loan some out whilst overs will feature for u18s and u23s with sub and cup appearances.

Rather than buy 1 or 2 really expensive players I like to buy young wonderkids and some unknowns to try and develop

Not a bit overboard with the signings? Who are you Chelsea just talent hoarding, most of those players won't develop now.

Who are your key youth signings? The one's you think will be superstars.

94 permanent signings and 2 loan ins in 1 transfer window? That's insane dude. Completely bonkers. LOL.

I know I always go a little overboard in first game on new fm17 I try and develop best at club and loan others to teams with good training facilities usually make money on the ones I don't end up using but I like to develop youth lol

I was toying around with Bournemouth. Liverpool made a big offer for Max Gradel and I negotiated it up. Got 38m Euros plus several million in add-ons. I ended up buying a bunch of players, some of whom I didn't need, except a new left winger of real quality, and it killed the save. I grabbed players like Bentacur, Sander Berge, McGinn, and Preciado. I had saved it right before Liverpool made that offer so I'll go back to that point. But I'm gonna give my favorite Russian club, Lokomotiv Moscow, a try instead.

Cardiff city;

In

Jack Stephens Southampton (750k rising to £1.3m)
Norbert alblas ajax (120k)
George cooper crewe (600k)
Milos pantovic bayern munich (85k)
Mahatma otoo sognal (61k )
Diego poyet on a freebie

Out

Bruno manganese Norwich (2.6m rising to 4.1m)

Didn't really want to sell manga but I could get Stephenson in as a replacement for a lot less and on less wages. Plus his contract is up at the end of the season.

Hull City

Rafik Zekhnini £250K+£1mil over 48moths(wonderkid first season and he's doing well and is worth almost 5mil)
[h=1]
Lars Christopher Vilsvik £100k+£300k over 48months(cheap and does a good job)
Sander Berge £250k+£1.5mil over 48months(wondekid boy can developer to be amazing I think)
Oscar Lewicki £400k+£750k over 48months(ball winner stats not so good as on FM16 but solid)

i found all all these players myself I never use downloaded lists it ruins it for me I like to be the one that finds them. Would be a lot more but I run a few seasons just testing tactics with bigger teams don't really look for players

I am not Scandinavian it's just I found these guys as I spent time looking through Norway Sweden and Denmark but I find clubs in Denmark ask much more. All these players are in my first team and doing well with Hull I am mid table at the moment I won 5 games in a row to go top of league at one point but this FM has a way of turning every player that has not played every game turn on you at once tom Huddleston played 6 game out of 12 games then he wanted to leave the club for first team football!! He was out for 2weeks injured lol followed by jake Livermore and 4 others who had played about the same time if not more

[/h]

Started as United

The squad was quite complete and if anything it needs trimming. Also, I was saving up for Dybala the following season as I'm not entire sure how much i would need to capture his signature.

Only player I signed was Danilo from RM for 7 million to address the immediate RB issue (Darmian is pretty good but I believe Danilo was an upgrade) and Kuki for the future at 5.25 activating his release clause.

First player i sold was Rojo for 9.75 to a team in the Chinese Super League.

Subsequent players to leave in the first season was fellaini and ashley young. Cant recall their pricing though.

Spurs

Signed

Fekir £17m
Brandt £18 + add ons up to £22m
Tah £17m
Kuki compensation

Sold

Carroll £5m
Wimmer £18m + add on up to £22m

looking to sell in summer transfer window- Sissoko (just don't really rate him), possibly Lamela as inconsistent

Just got to the end of the 1st season - won the league and league cup, have the fa cup final and champions league final to come.

Fulham

Signed

Kevin Lasagna 3.3m - player of the season in Championship, 24 goals, 16 assists.
Jordan Spence free
Diego Poyet free

Sold

Ryan Tunnicliffe 3.8m

I started with RCD Espanyol

Outs:

-Felipe Caicedo -> PSG (26,5M, 17,5 up front)
-Hernán Pérez -> Valencia (7,75M... Release clause... I could do nothing to prevent it...¬¬)
-Salva Sevilla -> Leeds (Loan)

Ins:

-Jorge Saenz-> Tenerife (2,5M)
-Iván López-> Levante (2,5M)
-Brandon Thomas-> Mallorca (1,7M)
-Julian Green-> Bayern Munich (2,3M)
-Aleix García-> Manchester City (Loan (Two seasons))
-Rafa Mir-> Valencia (Compensation)
-Aitor Buñuel-> Osasuna (Compensation)
-Alain Mateo-> Txantrea (Free)

The last three ins are for the academy and Alain Mateo is a newgen I found in a Navarre team from Tercera División (despite its name, Spain's fourth tier).

Started as Arsenal. £39m to spend. Adjusted the wage budget to get a bit more.

In:
Ricardo Rodriguez - Wolfsburg - £26m
Nacho - Real Madrid - £12m
David Carmona - Sevilla - £6.5m

Out:
Mathieu Debuchy - Athletico - £2.6m
Kieran Gibbs - Liverpool - Loan(£2m over the season + his wages)

I've only made it midway through October but only lost 2 games this season 2-0 away to Sunderland and 1-0 away to Chelsea. Won every other game I've played and haven't conceded a goal.

I plan on offloading Gabriel and Jenkinson in the January window.

blimey mate! what tactic are you using?

My own. I play Fluid/Control in home games with Shorter Passing, Retain Posession, Play out Defence, Be more Expressive, Look for Overlap and Prevent Short GK instructions, Ill change the team width, defensive line and pressing throughout the game depending on how we are playing. Away games I play Stuctured/Attacking with the same instructions except I go more direct passing. The Formation is 4231 and I will change the player duties depending on who we are playing against.

Last edited:
buy Timo Werner

Great talent, huge potential, tearing up the Bundesliga. You'll be able to buy hm on the cheap however due to his record not being great before joining Leipzig

1st game, 1st season with Liverpool...

IN:
Gaya, Valencia - £22.5m
Iorfa, Wolves - £9.75m
Nastasic, Gelsenkirchen - £24m
Melagoni, Atalanta - £6m
Dozzell, Ipswich - £3m
Correa, A Madrid- £17.5m
Donnarumma, AC Milan -£35m

£110m in all

OUT:
Ilori, Hull (loan)
Lovren, Bayern - £34m
Leiva, Southampton - £11m
Melagoni, Bolton (loan)
Gomez, Norwich (loan)
Williams, Newcastle - £375k
Origi, Napoli - £24m
Dunn, Gillingham (loan)

£65m

Donnarumma was expensive but given his potential and the fact I intend him to be first choice keeper for 15 years, seems a reasonable investment!!

It was my 2nd season transfers I was more impressed with - Berahino for £3m been scoring goals for fun and Alli (£40m...) who's been outstanding as well.