Who has suprised you this season or is playing above what people expected

LFCMarshall

YNWA.
Reaction score
For me although he had a brilliant end to last season it has to be

Gareth bale

yes he was a quality player but he has risen so quickly and now IMO is A world class LM

If you look at prospects it has to be

Mceachren (Sorry bout spelling)

the chelsea youngster has looked calm and assured when coming on and IMO has a very bright future

Any other people who have stood out thus season in england or abroad .?

I think the most improved player this season easily has to be Jon Obi Mikel without a dout. And i know he has suprised every Chelsea fan because we thought he was pretty average.

I must admit he holds your team!

with all your attacking options he stays so disciplined all game!

Not in the UK, and famous on FM, but Romelu Lukaku has apparently been performing very well, scoring pretty much a goal every game for Anderlecht, it's not far until there'll be a big move for him, I'm sure. Hopefully Liverpool will be able to snap him up with our new riches. ;D

In a completely unbias vote:

Jack Wilshere. I honestly didn't expect him to be making this kind of impact when he's just 18. I thought his potential was going to be damaged significantly by not playing enough, as it is, he is playing, not because we want to bleed him into the team etc. But because he deserves it after the form he's been in, I think Wenger has to take huge credit here, and now Wilshere could be a really superb player in the future, for Arsenal and England.

In terms of more mature players: I've been impressed by Gareth Bale, and Van der Vaart, the latter I knew had quality, but he is really proving a point to Madrid, and all those who doubted his ability and/or didn't play him.

Marc Albrighton!

He is ripping it up on villa's wing...

One star that has come out of forest this season is Lewis Mcgugan he had alot of potential but didn't rise up to it but now he's looking in rea good form!

biggest suprise has been how well VDV has settled in english football, truly class.

biggest let down-- Wayne Rooney.

Will Hoskins and Byron Anthony

Both have put 1000% week in and week out and surely must be player of the season nominees.

I have been disappointed in Paul Trollope preferring Chris Lines over Wayne Brown. Hopefully that will change soon !

Younes Kaboul for me, looks very composed and strong, has come back twice the player he was when we sold him to pompey, been a rock for us when played and a shame he got injured :(

Quite a few suprises this season. WBA, newcastle and Blackpool have all impressed me as a team, didn't think they'd do so well, but all of them look like they're good enough to stay up. I thought blackpool were going to be way out of their depth, though they were at chelsea and arsenal, but apart from that they've been surprisingly good. and WBA without nasri' brilliance could have won at the emirates 3-0, and even with Almunia and the defence having shamefully bad games, thats still great achievement.
Agree with Bale, even as a gunner. He's created and scored already so many this season and has really impressed me. one of the best left sided players in the world right now...he just needs to get better defensively - especially if he's going to be a left back. I didn't know he was that good - i don't think i'd even really heard of him into early last season...
Other than Bale, I Wilshire has really surprised me. At 18, he looks to have cemented a first team place, his passing is beautiful and has he's created so many chances and goals - his two backheel assists were just sublime. Everyone knew he was going to be good, but in 5 years time he could well be the best player in the world from what we've seen so far this season, he just needs to scores more goals then he's on his way to being a legend...Not that i'm biased or anything....
EDIT: oh, and Lewis Holtby as suggested above. Never heard of him till this season, but now he's one of my favourite players and he's ripping apart the bundesliga. if only he wanted to play for england....but spose if you had any sense, you'd pick germany too.

Last edited:
Paul Scholes, at his age it's remarkable how well he has performed this season.

Florent Malouda has been pretty prolific so far with the goals he has conjured up and Lescott is starting to find the form that merited his overpriced move to eastlands.

Joe Hart has continued to perform to a high standard as has Tevez, Berbatov seems to be getting a few headlines as has Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere.

In Scotland - Kenny Miller has been sensational so far this season along with Steven Naismith.

Italy - Andrea Pirlo - the guy has been cracking in recent weeks.

Nothing else comes to mind, I'm sure there is a few more.

Marc Albrighton :wub:, although I suspected he'd do well, this is above and beyond what I expected. Cracking player. Also, Emeeleskey has started the season on fire. Downing, too, has impressed me. I thought he was a lightweight, a slow winger, technically excellent yet physically leaving quite a bit to be desired. Turns out he's rather good.

Past Villa: Bale, Wilshere, Odemwingie, VDV, McEachran.

odemwingie

nasri - well he was always good but he just seems to get better and hes still quite young

Scholes, Odemwingie, Albrighton, Bale, Varney, Nani, Ramires, Barton, Van Der Vaart, Walcott

Back