UKMACKIE

Reaction score
So I've finished my first season in FM 2010 and in true form I'm quite impressed I went my native Rangers who has no money and determined not to sell any players until I've came to a decision about who I want to keep I was going into a team 11 players less than my last season squad.

It has proved to be very suprising players who I expected preform such as Pedro Mendes and Allan Mcgregor turned out not as good as I once thought. However players such as Neil Alexander, Danny Wilson and Andrew Shinnie proved to be great youth players who have done extremely well for me.

I was given 5.75 million in November for the clubs finances improving so I signed a backup for Sasa Papac in that of Lee Wallace not as good as Papac but filled in fine.

This is how I got on..

Aswell as winning the League I won the Scottish League Cup and lost in the final of Scottish Cup against Celtic -_-

Nice! How good is Danny Wilson though? Is Jamie Ness good? I like the way you have went about it with Rangers. Prob the way Smith should be doing it.

Danny Wilson has been really good I was playing him in friendlies and he was proving to be quite consistent in his performances so I gave him a good extended run in the team instead of David Weir from between October to January but after March his form dropped including a thumping off hearts 5-0 with kingston scoring 4. Andrew Shinnie has also been amazing I was originaly playing a 4-2-2-2 and Shinnie was AM with Steven Davis but I was too exposed against teams of the same level and greater so Celtic beat me a few times and I was destroyed in the Champions League. John Fleck seems to have really improved this season he has been a fantastic player and scored some wonderful goals including a 40 yard free kick.

I've got 5.75 million for next season so I'm going to buy Vaclav Kadlec from Benfica and probably get rid of Boyd and Pedro Mendes and hold onto the funds until I find a good replacement for Right midfield.

Sorry for not replying back Trotty I did really bad. Only got 1 point in the group. The group was Liverpool Shaktar and Wolfsburg every team beat me except Liverpool which I drew 0-0 at home.

I finished my second season the league was celtic from ten days in they drew 3 games and lost 1 all season best they have ever done in the history of the SPL so I accepted my defeat I did not bad in Champions League joint second but went into UEFA Cup and beat 2-1 at home by Bayern and drew 0-0 with them away. Beat by Hearts on penalties in both League and Scottish Cup. I also rejected the Manchester United job which was offered to be when Sir A Ferguson retired. I was also offered the Arsenal job when Wenger was still in charge I think. I rejected both to continue with Rangers cause I still had a passion signed Deco Kadlec another regen for Left back aswell. Starting my third season now.

What tactics you playing ? I went Rangers in an online game with my mate and i am doing terrible.

I was playing the Archieved tactic of 4-2-2 but then I changed half way through to the archieved 4-4-2. The third season I'm about 10 games in using JP Woodys Pep Guardiola tactic but I'm conceding far too many goals and probably going to change it again. I've lost interest in the save for a while I created an Annan Athletic save so if I do quite good in that then I might post my findings and results I'm using my own created tactic. 3 Defenders 1 Defensive Midfielder 2 Wide Midfielders 1 Attacking Midfielders 2 Supporting Striker 1 Poacher. Its working out quite well only played 2 competitive games but I've beat Queens park 3-1 in Scottish Challenge Cup and I beat Ayr United on penalties in Scottish League Cup they nicked a late equaliser from 25 yards in 88 minutes.

looks like you've done reasonably well there mate, just need to get good place in the champions league. Having said that, I respect it's not easy, but keep it up