Who to buy? Squad is already good...

• Thread starter Thread starter ander
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

ander

Reaction score
hi all, i'm playing as man city in second season and it's coming up to january transfer window. i've gone unbeaten in the premier league so far this season, so i'm not really sure who i should bring in. only thing is the squad is a bit small so i could be quite affected by injuries.

my first XI atm:

F: Aguero (Matias Fernandez) - Balotelli (Pogrebnyak)

M: Zhirkov - J.Moutinho - L.Diarra (Camacho) - Sanchez (SWP)

D: Marcelo(Garrido) - Zapata - Fazio (Dunne) - Heitenga

GK: Akinfeev (Joe Hart)

i've bought Sakho already, and i've got a massive £81m left to spend.

i was thinking i'd go for a big name and bring in a few backups for various positions.

any suggestions? i was thinking try for ibrahimovic up front? and maybe another winger like quaresma or walcott (doubt i will be able to get either though)
then maybe a backup DR.. dunno who.

why buy anyone if your team is already going unbeaten? could upset the team if you bring in a big name, try sign some young players for the future, keirison, wijnaldum, faghouli etc :)

richards wanted to leave to chelsea so i sold him for £25m, was unhappy at being made to stay.. would have loved to keep hold.

not sure about keirrison, his stats seem fairly average. and my scouts don't think too much of his potential.

Last edited:
i have a similar problem, in the forth season i sold a lot of players with birmingham that i bought at the start,

i've got 80M to spend

squad:

GK: Akinfeev (Ustari - Fiorillo)
CB: Fazio, Pique (a regen for sub)
LB: Lescott (a regen for sub)
RB: Schwaab (Santon)
MC's: Yermolaev [Regen similar to fabregas, when i scout Fabregas they said that him is near Yermolaev) / Veloso
ML: Marquinhos (Mesut Özil - John Fleck)
MR: Balotelli (Axel Witsel (leaving in january [18M bid]) - Bojan (re trained)/Santon)
TS: Cardozo (Lewandowski)
FS: Bojan (John Fleck - Balotelli - 3 regens with potential to be like bojan)

errr , MAN CITY GO AWAY!!!, look if you have 150m to spend every year, and you already have a good team, don't buy anyone, buy youth backups, all my subs at my old city side were under 20, makes for a much better future, but maybe, try something a bit harder than man city lads.

richards wanted to leave to chelsea so i sold him for £25m, was unhappy at being made to stay.. would have loved to keep hold.

not sure about keirrison, his stats seem fairly average. and my scouts don't think too much of his potential.

Don't always go with your scouts, keirison has never let me down, great player!

well if your looking a winger try villaluz mexican youngster for the rw problem hes awesome in the 9.3 for my mexico team,and dos santos is gd also plays well either side, vuoso another mexican striker hes cheap bt knows where the net is r kilkin fonseca loves the long rangers should be pocket change for your city team, and try opare for rb he costs nothing and turns into a real gem hope that helps

On the 3rd patch Cesar Azpilicueta from Osasuna is a really good RB. 19yrs old and you can get him for 8.5mil. Bought him for my Arsenal team and immediately turned to Wonderkid status, and within a month took the first team place from Sagna.

I also agree that if you have a good team, stick with them and get in good youngsters for backup.

you have no english players in your starting eleven, doin abit of an arsenal eh.

anyways if your unbeaten i wouldn't sign anyone as that would only upset the balance in your team. try and sign some regens for the future

Wijnaldum, Santon, Kadlec...all the future stars

dont understand the Matigol being striker but eh..its ur team

ye Mati its a pure 10, good shooting, passing, finishing.. **** of a player if u ask me, way underrated IRL.

So, back on topic, most of the people said enough, u should buy some young players to start thinking bout future

well if you have a good squad already then i wouldnt sign any1 tbh, the more players you have the more players are going to maon when they dont get first-team.

Messi for 43m or Kaka.. well it doesnt matter which one cause I've got both on my team

You dont always need to buy in jan, if you have a good team and are doing well then dont worry and stick too your team. Like pado said, maybe get in 1 or 2 youngsters in.

If you worried about injures and you havent got decent backup for them then sign a backup player. :)

Back