Who To Replace Andy Gray

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 2K

TheHig

Reaction score
http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/back-of-the-net/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=155974324&page=1

Andy Townsend - Andy Gray's insights into tactics and his analysis of the way the game is played will be sorely missed by some football fans but there is one man who could fill the void; enthusiastic, excitable and incredibly adept when it comes to stating the obvious, Andy Townsend is that man. His ill-fated time in the Tactics Truck on ITV's The Premiership highlights programme will have taught Townsend everything he needs to know about how not to do the job, so if he's learnt from that experience he could be brilliant at explaining the ins and outs of the game on Monday Night Football. Then again...

Gabby Logan - Bearing in mind the whole furore with Andy Gray and Richard Keys centred around sexist comments, what better way could there be for Sky Sports to make clear their stance on the matter than to hire a woman to replace Gray? If it's a woman they want, then they should look no further than former international gymnast Gabby Logan, who currently presents for BBC Sport and knows her football inside out.

Jamie Redknapp -The son of Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is a genuine contender to replace Gray. He's a regular on the Sky Sports pundit team and he's articulate, honest and fair. It just depends if he can squeeze the necessary time into his busy schedule of filming TV ads for holiday companies or starring in photo-shoots for M&S.

Alan Shearer - Alan Shearer has taken to football punditry like a duck to concrete. Rarely does he add anything meaningful or insightful to a discussion and he takes an eternity to get his words out. However, what you do get with Shearer is honesty. When he doesn't know something, he says so, as shown when discussing the abilities of Newcastle new boy Ben Arfa.

Alan Hanson - Match of the Day stalwart Alan Hansen would be absolutely brilliant in Gray's place, but the problem for Sky Sports is that he's absolutely brilliant where he is now and the BBC would surely not let him cross over without a fight. Hansen is very knowledgeable, doesn't mince his words and football fans love it whenever he says "he's got two good feet and he's good in the air," which is something he does fairly often.

Glenn Hoddle - Another former player whose opinions have landed him in hot water, Glenn Hoddle may have learnt his lesson about when to speak up and when to remain silent from the time he came unstuck discussing disabled people as England manager. If he has, he's a decent analyst of the game whose opinions have credibility.

Roy Hodgeson - Hodgson would be available for an immediate start, having parted company with his most recent employers Liverpool not too long ago. Other than that, there's not too much to suggest Hodgson would be a great replacement for Andy Gray; certainly Liverpool fans might not be too keen to see him back on their TV screens just yet.

Robbie Earle - If Sky Sports wanted to swap one controversial football pundit for another, they could do worse than replace Andy Gray with Robbie Earle. Earle was sacked by ITV last summer for selling on World Cup tickets to be used in an ambush marketing stunt, which was a breach of FIFA regulations.

Kevin Keegan - The man who gave us pearls of wisdom such as "you get bunches of players like you do bananas...though that is a bad comparison," and "Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose," would be the most entertaining choice to fill Andy Gray's boots. Keegan wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to speak his mind, meaning that he makes for cracking TV but he might have the big bosses' nerves in tatters.

Ian Wright - If Ian Wright Wright Wright is the right man for the job, then footy fans up and down the land will need to turn down the volume on their TV sets, as the former Arsenal man has to be one of the loudest pundits on the planet. He's enthusiastic, and passionate, but whether or not that's all it takes to do the job remains to be seen. Wright also parted company with Channel 5's show Don't Stop Believing last year under circumstances that were far from harmonious.

Other - Anyone you think would do a good job of replacing Gray.

i have heard rumors that it may be jamie redknapp and or gary neville

Other - Dean Windass - That would be awesome as he has no intelligence

All of the sexiest women from SSN in recent years, Georgie, Di, Millie etc etc, maybe in white t-shirts with hosepipes and bubbles etc.

Certainly much more appealing than what we have had for nearly 20 years.

Jeff Sterling (Hope not, because Sky Sports on saturday will never be the same again) :'(or Jamie Redknapp

I'd Love Jeff Sterling to get the job, or At least get Richards Keys's job

Jamie Redknapp is the best choice ; Talks sense and is honest about everything and if he is comentating wont see his face as much so i dont have to feel like i look lord voldermort in comparison

Roy Hodgson, just to see Liverpool fans faces when they turn on the Sunday football.

- Chris Kamara, because the man's epic. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaGrcPqm_wk"]YouTube - Chris Kamara Goes CRAZY over Fulham goal[/ame]

- Jeff Sterling, because he's also epic.

Anybody except Andy Gray is a good choice.

Alan Partridge

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzSQ3xgoh-w"]YouTube - Alan Partridge football commentary[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmXxBxvWvuE"]YouTube - Chris Kamara misses a red card - Hilarious! (Portsmouth v Blackburn 3/4/10)[/ame]

@ Joel this is my favorite moment

I dont mind who replaces Gray but i want James Richardson to replace Keys.

Who cares about monday night football what about FIFA:O:O:O:O

Merse!!!!!!

Seriously though, Charlie Nicholas would be a good choice for me to take over from gray

Anybody (except Stelling) can do Keys job - keep Stelling on soccer saturday

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Merse!!!!!!

Seriously though, Charlie Nicholas would be a good choice for me to take over from gray

Anybody (except Stelling) can do Keys job - keep Stelling on soccer saturday
Just re-call McInally to the studio on soccer saturday to replace Nicholas

Sky have a real chance to reshape their broadcasting and punditry for their football now that the two dinosaurs have gone. Hopefully they decide to shake things up and bring in some real intelligent pundits and move on from the rent-a-cliché bollocks they have at the moment.

Back