Why am I winning every match?

• Thread starter Thread starter jack123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8K

jack123

Reaction score
hi all,

seems like the opposite of what people usually complain about right? il just get right to it. i seem to be winning every match on my aston villa save. i have one draw against wigan out of 18 games played (including friendlies) this to me seems unrealistic. iv beaten chelsea, arsenal and man united with two 3-1 thrashings of the latter two. i know the point of fm is to win every match but this is making it no fun for me. its like its removed the challenge and whoever i play in my team or whatever tactics i use it doesnt seem to make a difference. my team is this:

GK: Given
RB: Hutton
LB: Boilesen
CB: Huth
CB: Dunne

DM: Petrov
CM: Ireland
LW: N'zogbia
RW: Adam Johnson

ST: Agbonlahor
ST: Bent

hardly a world beating side right? im running patch 12.0.2 could this be the issue? if i updated to the latest patch would i have to start a new game for the changes to take effect? i was wondering if this or anything similar has happened to anybody else or if anybody could give me some help.

Last edited:
I don't know. You must have good tactics and be saying the right things during team talks.

As for patching - you won't ever have to start a new game after patching. When there is a database update, your database will remain unchanged but you will get all the match engine improvements ect.

I agree, results like those seem unrealistic, but not totally out of whack. You team is on par, if not better, than the current Newcastle side who are in 3rd place in the league. Nice Adam Johnson snag, I love him in fm12.

You said the tactic seems to not matter? Have you been switching frequently? Someone said it really well in another thread, that many are finding the game slightly easier than usual because the game builds on the last two years, and applies the same fundamentals, so you are not learning anything new. You are applying the lessons you've learned in previous games (most likely) and this is why its so easy.

The "difficulty" level obviously changes based on the team you are using. Try managing Millwall, or a bottom of the barrel championship side.

Be proud of ur achievement. nuff said. (even if it is realistic or not ;) )

Make it harder and you complain too. Anyway i feel It is much harder in season 2

Last edited:
I am unbeaten in 53 games in December 2012 (lost once vs Barca semi's 1st seaon, 2:1 and 2:2 on aggregate) they went through with United! Its all about your tactics, man management, team talks and players!

you seem to be doing a very good job so far so I would not complain! If you feel you need a challenge try managing in a different/obscure continent like Sweden/Norway/Croatia/Romania/Ukraine/Turkey/Russia etc which will force you to use different approaches and scout/buy different players...

what tactic are you currently using if I may ask?

I finished 2nd in my first season with Wolves and am currently third in my second season in December 2012, but I put it all down to paying the game well. Sean, Lee and Kris know I'm an FM God though, so that helps.

managing in a different/obscure continent like Sweden/Norway/Croatia/Romania/Ukraine/Turkey/Russia etc
Those arent continents :D
on topic: mwhitehorn07 is right.. look at Newcastle[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]m[/FONT]

the tactics im using arent really that complicated. its a 4-1-3-2. with n'zogbia and johnson in winger positions instead of wide midfield.

GK: Given - Keeper (Defend)
RB: Hutton - Full Back (Automatic)
LB: Boilesen - Full Back (Automatic)
CB: Huth - Defender (Stopper)
CB: Dunne - Defender (Cover)

DM: Petrov - Anchor (Defend)
CM: Ireland - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
LW: N'zogbia - Defensive Winger (Support)
RW: Adam Johnson - Inside Forward (Attack)

ST: Agbonlahor - Deep Lying Forward (Attack)
ST: Bent - Poacher (Attack)

im using a control instruction along with a slightly high defensive line, slightly narrow width, short passing and everything else set to default

Why are you winning every match, simple answer really, it's the same answer to why I'm struggling. You're good at FM, I'm **** at it. End of discussion.

If you know what to do, this game is simply easy. I've seen many complaints about this too, so actually, you're not alone.

You are moaning about winning? If you want to lose then IDK, put your goalkeeper up front?

You are winning for a reason, it's not a glitch. I've gone unbeaten for longer than that with teams like Wigan, if you buy the right players, put them in the right roles and use the right tactics you will do well. Simple as that. I personally think it's better than the old FM system in which the only way to win was to buy the league. Oh and I'd wait until the end of the season before you call the game unrealistic, your unbeaten run will come to an end.. And it will probably be against Norwich or Swansea. (;

Last edited:
having the same "problem" but not winning every game, though i am having a rediculously easy season in bundesliga div 2 after wining div 3. my wage expenditure is the lowest in the league, my team isn't the worst, but are average for div 2, yet they are punching way above their weight.
View attachment 202671View attachment 202673

The last 5 games i have demolished my opponents, including furth who were 1st place before i overtook them, and frieburg and st pauli who were top 6 at the time. Since i started using my 4-1-2-1-2 very fluid attacking tactic, every game has been a breeze.
View attachment 202674

some things i've been doing which might be helping:
- Start season with match preparations on team blend, then rotate between defending set pieces and defending positioning with very high workload.
- have light/ very light training schedules to avoid injury.
- experiment with team talk until you find one that gets the whole team happy. my guys love it when i calmly/assertively say "go out and enjoy yourselves"
- don't switch to a completely different tactic during a game, rather, adjust strategy ( i found attacking and control best to switch between) and player roles between attack support and defend.
- i only used team meeting once last season and got a bad reaction. So i refrain from using team meetings to avoid getting a bad reaction from a key player.

all seems pretty simple stuff but im seriously no expert and im not really doing anything special, something just seems to be going right :)

I have to agree that it is getting alot easier im playing vitesse (dutch team) and in my 5 th season first season i became champion 2nd season champion and lost to atletico madrid in final uefa euro cup and every season after that i won every cup concievable it is kinda boring however it is fun to see my favorite club winning these cups .The only thing that keeps me going right now is seeing my youngsters develop and getting a stadium named after me .

Ok so you wan't to lose? Your Aston Villa.

Put 1+1 together, Make 2.

PUT HESKEY UP FRONT ON HIS OWN.....

Nuff said?

(p.s your mids might score or something but you will at most draw ;)

the tactics im using arent really that complicated. its a 4-1-3-2. with n'zogbia and johnson in winger positions instead of wide midfield.

GK: Given - Keeper (Defend)
RB: Hutton - Full Back (Automatic)
LB: Boilesen - Full Back (Automatic)
CB: Huth - Defender (Stopper)
CB: Dunne - Defender (Cover)

DM: Petrov - Anchor (Defend)
CM: Ireland - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
LW: N'zogbia - Defensive Winger (Support)
RW: Adam Johnson - Inside Forward (Attack)

ST: Agbonlahor - Deep Lying Forward (Attack)
ST: Bent - Poacher (Attack)

im using a control instruction along with a slightly high defensive line, slightly narrow width, short passing and everything else set to default

Can you show us screens of your results and table, tactics etc? Real easy to do

Back