Why can't I sign anyone on loan?

• Thread starter Thread starter BeadSTARR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

BeadSTARR

Reaction score
Im Norwich in the CCC.

I scout a few players to see if they will join on loan.
When the reports come back to say they are very interseted in joining on loan.
I then attempt to sign the player on loan, only then for them to turn around and say they have no intention.

Anyone else have the same problem?
Can anyone help?
Am i doing something wrong?

Any advise would be much welcome.
Thanks

Never trust your scouts. I've had the same problem a few times, successful sometimes but most of the time, no. Who is it you're trying to loan? Youngsters from the Premier League?

I get the same problem quite a bit aswell mate, be wary of your scouts because they can talk absolute **** at times, try and trust your judgement.

Never trust your scouts. I've had the same problem a few times, successful sometimes but most of the time, no. Who is it you're trying to loan? Youngsters from the Premier League?

Alright mate thanks.
i been trying to get a mixture of players. (Mainly from the Premier League)
John Fleck from Man City (He was on loan to me in League 1)
And a couple of others on the loan list aswell.

Its best to take your scouts advice with a pinch of salt and make your own decicions.

As Norwich i would say target premiership clubs. Look through reserve players and U'18's. Throughout all the footie manager games i have found that Liverpool have players available. Maybe Manu UTD or Everton, they have quite deep reserve + U'18 squads. These clubs have some players up for loan and sometimes allow loans for players not listed for loan. There are ALWAYS goalkeepers for loan from premiership clubs. Beware of the ability of your scouts though and scout the desired player with more than one of your club scouts.

However that said i find it can be that "the player" is already in talks with other clubs, and ends up rejecting your offer for a bigger club. I agree with Div Muzza, you will just have to take that with a pinch of salt - and start looking at other targets. If you struggle to get loan signings you can always buy players from teams in your league or lower.

Last edited:
John Fleck is very good in League 1. I signed him with leeds and he destroyed the defences because he is Premiership quality in the game.

Back