Why do all of my players fall down by themselves? I'M READY TO QUIT!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjordan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5K

mrjordan

Reaction score
I am a beginner here so please excuse me if this is a dumb question
but why do all all my players seem to keep getting tripped and falling down over and over again and the opposition falls down maybe once per game?

It's infuriating to see them continually being tripped, falling down on their own, stopping in the middle of a breakaway to allow the opposition to take the ball away from them. They seem to be completely useless.

The strange thing is my Everton team was doing incredibly well, got to second place behind Chelsea, and is in an unexplainable slump.

even my best players are playing like **** but morale and form are fine. It's just that they suddenly are playing terribly, from averaging about 7.5 rating per game to 6.5, doing stupid things like stopping when having a breakaway or suddenly kicking it back to the goalie from midfield. Also VERY passive, standing and watching and not caring for a loose ball when I have GET STUCK IN/ CLOSE MORE/TACKLE HARDER set, even though their determination rating is high. I am constantly yelling, "MOVE", "GET HIM", "GET THE BALL". There is no sense of urgency or DESIRE.

can anyone shed light on what's going on?
Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know what to tell you about "players falling down by themselves". You've provided no info. They may not be good dribblers, bad decision-making, not pacey enough, balance not good enough etc etc. ****, it's impossible to even know what situation you're talking about. A video or PKM would be helpful here, as well as the tactic.

Not true. Closing down is much improved. Even better if you select Ball Winning midfielders. They can be quite aggressive! What mentality are you using? For some reason you don't mention this.

I don't know what to tell you about "players falling down by themselves". You've provided no info. They may not be good dribblers, bad decision-making, not pacey enough, balance not good enough etc etc. ****, it's impossible to even know what situation you're talking about. A video or PKM would be helpful here, as well as the tactic.

Not true. Closing down is much improved. Even better if you select Ball Winning midfielders. They can be quite aggressive! What mentality are you using? For some reason you don't mention this.

thanks for responding. I am losing to lower-level teams whereas before I was beating the likes of Manchester United so there is something wrong.

here are the players that I've had this tripping/falling down trouble with:
Lukako
Eto'o
K. Honda
G. Barry
McGeady
Baines
P. Sisto
Distin
Jagielka
Ralf
Kone

if you look at the player ratings, I can't see where the problem is coming in.

I do agree with you on ball winning midfielders. I dont have that problem with Michael Bradley. He is aggressive.

regarding the settings, I did notice that I had very fluid set, as well as be more expressive. I am going to try structured and disciplined to see if that helps.

tactic is an offshoot of Tinkerman's goalscoring strikeforce
I also tried a 4-2-2-2 asymmetric ST (c)
instructions:
retain possession
shorter passing
pass into space
work ball into box
play out of defense
run at defense
prevent short GK distribution
much higher tempo
be more expressive

sorry I can't do a video but what is "PKM"?
thanks

They fall over, what? By themselves? Are they falling over when getting tackled? Getting tackled just after their first touch? Or what????

If you don't describe the problem, no one can help.

A pkm is a save of the match. It's a few KBs in size. Click on any of your results and click "Save Match". We can the download the file and load it into our FM to view your match. You'd need to obviously tell us what times these incidents happen.

I hope this works. I replayed the game and got a better result however some of the same problems came up again. please watch all of them because maybe some of them have some explanations, but others are very questionable.

FIRST GAME
Chelsea 4 Everton 1

Tripping:
61 minutes 57 seconds
59 minutes 37 seconds
54 minutes 53 seconds
47 minutes 21 seconds
45 minutes 13 seconds
38 minutes four seconds
36 minutes four seconds
31 minutes one second
30 minutes 43 seconds
30 minutes 18 seconds
19 minutes 38 seconds
19 minutes nine seconds

LUKAKU does not shoot, wastes a chance at 29 minutes 15 seconds

set piece taker does not follow instructions to pass short at 16 minutes 59 seconds
24 minutes 47 seconds
47 minutes eight seconds

goalie does not follow instructions to pass short at 27 minutes 26 seconds
45 minutes 18 seconds
46 minutes five seconds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME 2
Chelsea 2 Everton 2

you can see the goalie disobeying my instructions even though I have structured/ be more disciplined settings.
at
eight minutes 12 seconds
10 minutes 16 seconds
and at other times...

you can see the set piece taker disobeying my instructions even though I have structured/ be more disciplined settings.
(I said it for short, and the corner taker launches at long) at
16 minutes 47 seconds
48 minutes 46 seconds

You can see the tripping problem at these times:
two minutes 56 seconds
five minutes 23 seconds
seven minutes nine seconds
eight minutes 56 seconds
16 minutes 53 seconds
26 minutes 25 seconds
32 minutes 37 seconds
82 minutes 54 seconds

any idea what's happening?
Thanks

i know this situation very will , i think its programing issues !
its happened to me many times for example, when my A player get the ball back to the B player, B player
didnt go to the ball and the A player just leave it then the opponent player get the ball very easily !!
this happened to me many times and another cases with same what i see it a programing issues !

I haven't watched your games, but I've seen players in my own games suddenly fall over while basically standing still. I think it's (often, but maybe not always) animation issues. Even FIFA has animations issues, and animations aren't FM's strongest point. It's a very intricate match engine, but as far as graphics and animations go, it's not exactly great. Personally I don't care, I'm not playing FM to see awesome graphic details (they just recently added collision detection!).

As for players ignoring your instructions, I've seen numerous threads about this on the SI forum since release. Never seen a solution though, it's always just "send us your save game/pkm and we'll look into it". So if I were to guess, it's something they still haven't perfected. Then of course, there are often situations that make your players ignore your instructions, like bad decisions, bad concentration, opposition team forcing your GK to kick it long etc.

I may be wrong, but I don't think short corners work correctly in the ME.

Your goalkeeper will, on occasion, do his own thing. It would be good to see the actual tactic here. Is Lukaku/Kone deployed as a Target Man? Howard still attempted quite a few short passes, so it's not quite that bad.

As for the "falling over" - they're getting tackled! They are running at pace with the ball and the defenders go in for the tackle with your player falling/tripping over their legs. What's the problem here???

WJ,
Lukaku/Kone deployed as a Target Man, yes.
In regards to tackles, yes some of them, but if you watch each one, sometimes the player is TRIPPED, and sometimes the player falls on his own (slips?).

But the real question here is why the team suddenly went into a slump. I can tell that the game is causing this because the players were playing flawlessly before. The game adjusted to what we were doing.

For instance Jagielka, who was my best player now routinely gets 6.5, 6.6 ratings. He is very poor. Why is he in such a slump. I critisized him and he agreed that he is playing poorly and said he will try to do better. What else can I do?

GIVING THE BALL AWAY is what frustrates me. I wish there was a "turnover" stat but there are only "interceptions" which my players are leading the league at, so I know who the best defenders are but not who are the worst offenders.

How can I pick players that DONT give the ball away? Strength? Composure? I'd be willing to make changes if I know what attributes make the difference for NOT losing the ball.

Jag has 17 tackling, 14 composure, 12 aggression, 16 determination, 14 strength. What's missing?
thanks

WJ,
Lukaku/Kone deployed as a Target Man, yes.
In regards to tackles, yes some of them, but if you watch each one, sometimes the player is TRIPPED, and sometimes the player falls on his own (slips?).

But the real question here is why the team suddenly went into a slump. I can tell that the game is causing this because the players were playing flawlessly before. The game adjusted to what we were doing.

For instance Jagielka, who was my best player now routinely gets 6.5, 6.6 ratings. He is very poor. Why is he in such a slump. I critisized him and he agreed that he is playing poorly and said he will try to do better. What else can I do?

GIVING THE BALL AWAY is what frustrates me. I wish there was a "turnover" stat but there are only "interceptions" which my players are leading the league at, so I know who the best defenders are but not who are the worst offenders.

How can I pick players that DONT give the ball away? Strength? Composure? I'd be willing to make changes if I know what attributes make the difference for NOT losing the ball.

Jag has 17 tackling, 14 composure, 12 aggression, 16 determination, 14 strength. What's missing?
thanks
That's half the problem then. Your keeper will aim for your target man on occasion too. That's what the role his for. To pump balls to them.

It may be an animation thing. I didn't watch all of them, but the ones I did, the player was tackled. If you point out which ones look they they fall "on their own", I'll take a look.

"The game" didn't adjust to your tactic. One thing that you seem to be missing here, is that you're asking players to run with the ball often, but they aren't the greatest of dribblers and here they're up against a strong Chelsea side. You need to be aware of what you're asking your players to do. Stones/Lukaku/Barry isn't going to dribble past 3/4/5 Chelsea defenders. It just isn't going to happen.

How to NOT give the ball away? Create better tactics that create better passing options. Again though, you're up against a strong Chelsea side.

Back