Why do I have to change tactics every year?

hoseth0711

Reaction score
I love Football Manager and have been a fan for years but one of the more recent added functions is ******* me of to be honest.

I really hate the fact that you have to change your tactic every single year to avoid your opponents figure out the way you are playing. This is not even realistic in my eyes, since you don't see any teams in the real world changing their way of playing so often despite in case a new manager has arrived.

My frustration with this is now greater than ever before, since I just had an insane season with Real Madrid where I won 5 trophies, got about 110 points in the league table and scored 147 goals in Liga BBVA and now I have to reinvent my team and playing style instead of achieving continuity.

Does anyone have a tip on how to work around this frustrating feature?

TIA

Wow, most of that is complete rubbish.. like LVG hasnt tried 5/6 formations already. Mancini played 3 at the back, **** even Bayern have changed under pep.. managers change teams all the time, oyu have to players age, players come in, players leave.

I haven't noticed this tbh.I won the league first year by 15 points with Everton so I hope I don't have to change my style

i swear bayern try out a new formation nearly every few weeks.. lvg done 352 442 diamond 4231 433

I have the excact same problem. Tactic works perfect for seven months and then suddenly it doesn't work at all. I try switching to something similar, in example switching from offensive midfielder to one defensive. Even this doesn't work, seems like I have to build a complete different tactic.

This is really frustrating as I dont want to build a new team each year...

I have the excact same problem. Tactic works perfect for seven months and then suddenly it doesn't work at all. I try switching to something similar, in example switching from offensive midfielder to one defensive. Even this doesn't work, seems like I have to build a complete different tactic.

This is really frustrating as I dont want to build a new team each year...

It depends entirely on the tactic and who you are. I haven't changed my tactic in the 3 seasons I've managed so far on FM15. I also went 7 seasons without changing anything on my tactic in FM14, but by then we were a dominant force. Teams had no answer and no way of playing mire defensively.

Last edited:
every pre season set Team Cohesion on very high and you will very likely avoid this problem