Why do players get unsettled so easily on fm 15?

Reaction score
If i don't play a star player for 2 matches, he comes to me complaining about his lack of playing time when i've started him in every match till then...

Is this a glitch?

I got that as well. Played Sarabia 10 times out of his last 12 matches and he complains that he's not playing enough!

lool its rather annoying, you get a 38 yr old bought for experience complaining he aint getting enough playing time.

The whole player interaction and player happiness modules seem some what imbalanced and buggy. Key players will expect to start almost every match. Wait until you promise someone more matches, play them in every possible match, and then want to leave because you didn't hold to your promise. Or they get upset that they didn't play in matches due to injury. Or a top player demanding to leave because a reserve player they have relationship with is sold.

You just have to make sure you dont have so many Key Players... The Squad Status is a lot more important this year. Also if you are going to leave a key player out for 2 games you should tell him that you are going to rest him for a game or 2. Keeps everyone happy. It's not a bug. It's just more realistic.

To be fair, if you can leave a key player out of your line up... he's not really a Key player then is he.

I find talking to the player helps. If you plan on resting someone, especially a key player, let them know ahead of time. They may disagree & say they dont need/want a rest but in the long term i think it helps keep them happy because at least they have been given an explanation as to why they are not playing.

You just have to make sure you dont have so many Key Players... The Squad Status is a lot more important this year. Also if you are going to leave a key player out for 2 games you should tell him that you are going to rest him for a game or 2. Keeps everyone happy. It's not a bug. It's just more realistic.
^This.

It's supposed to replicate real life. Imagine how key players like Eden Hazard, Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi would react if they were benched without notice.

^This.

It's supposed to replicate real life. Imagine how key players like Eden Hazard, Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi would react if they were benched without notice.

Not even a need to imagine, just see how Messi reacted recently >_>

Why not bench another player instead... if he can come off in place of a weaker player he's not a key player. Serious mate, think about what you are saying.

So instead, you'd rather play the star players every single game? Even against the weakest sides? The injuries will seriously pile up on you, mate.
OMG ARE YOU ARSENE WENGER IN DISGUISE? O:

Why not bench another player instead... if he can come off in place of a weaker player he's not a key player. Serious mate, think about what you are saying.

So if i'm facing Hull today and i'm facing FC bayern in 2 days...UCL Semi-finals...I should use lucas moura and rooney and pogba back to back?...

So if i'm facing Hull today and i'm facing FC bayern in 2 days...UCL Semi-finals...I should use lucas moura and rooney and pogba back to back?...

Okay, you have a point there with a gap of 2 days. RichTUK gave a good sugestion by telling the player you're going to rest him but if he's got the stamina to play... play him. You've given him Key Player status so he will expect to play almost every game. It's all about managing expectations and giving your star players what you promised (contract status) them.

It's just rotation

Which is why there is a squad Status called Rotation. But players need to know where they stand... I used to get in to trouble when I signed a great player for a position I already had covered but in order to get him the wages he wanted I had to put him as First Team or Key Player when really he was rotation... they get unhappy quick and then if his wage is over 200k a week then hes hard to offload... so either the said player gets unhappy at not being played... then wants to leave... you promise him he can leave but no club can buy him... the team then gets unhappy at his treatment... alternatively you can sell him cheap and offer to pay some of his wages at the next club for a few years which upsets the board and fans... Ultimately you need to make sure players know where they stand when you sign them. A team of big players and big egos are hard to keep happy unless you talk to them all the time.

I can understand key players getting annoyed if they're not played but I seem to keep getting players with 'Back up' status getting annoyed at lack of first team football! They signed as back up, what do they expect....?

Let's say you are playing 46 regular league matches and another ~10 cup matches in a season. That is 56 matches. You absolutely have to rotate all players, regardless of status, to keep from burning out your squad and limit injury exposure. Having to speak to each player before resting him for one match is ridiculously tedious, and if this game encourages its players to do that then it is designed not to be fun.

Back