Why don't I get a emergency goalkeeper?

Speakie

Reaction score
This is ridiculous, Rafinha my top goalkeeper has food poisoning for 2 days and is clearly unfit to start, my substitute goalkeeper and backup goalkeeper are at that African Cup of Nations and the only other goalkeeper's I have are two goalkeepers in my U18's on youth contracts..

Where's my emergency keeper then?! :mad:

View attachment 182133

Sorry if this thread seems incredibly pointless to you, i'm just curious to know. (A)

Emergency loans is something that hasn't been implemented in Football Manager yet. It's probably too difficult to actually code it/whatever they do.

Oh, no sorry, I meant one of those greyed out players? I thought you were supposed to be given one if you lacked players to play in that position.

How is playing a goalkeeper without a professional contract in the premier league fair, I ask FM..

Rafinha can play... Right?

Besides him at 70% will be better than any youth player or a greyed out player. Just use him

Well, he can play, doesn't seem fair sticking someone recovering from food poisoning in goal so soon but I guess it's the only way

Ah, well, cheers. Guess I've no choice

Put a bucket next to his water bottle and tell him to man up :D

In all seriousness, can clubs IRL get an emergency loan when their goalkeeper is only out for a day or two?

A yellow-injured player can still play. I wouldn't do it with outfield players, but GK's probably could do OK

I had to use a 17 year old GK in Serie A for 5 games.

Didn't lose 1 game and my team is far from good.