Why everytime we change the in-game tactics...

• Thread starter Thread starter Villani10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 994

Villani10

Reaction score
the other team ALWAYS score? Like, we are winning and the game is on 75'. You take out your MAD for and MD, perhaps even change the 'Control' to 'Defend'.. you'll end up taking a goal and the draw... it bugs me a lot.

Other thing, when you change the playes on second half, if you change 2 or more in one time you take a goal too - but this maybe can be explain by a loose of 'chemistry' on the team, 3 different players on the same time - but still a thing that bugs and doesn't make sense.

* Sorry for the bad english.

The english part was that bad? Or you don't get the football manager part?

Not in order of probability:

1. Your changes have a tendency to be the wrong ones. Maybe some bits that are fundamental to the work of your defence get changed and hence it collapses. Your back line may be better at intercepting passes than blocking shots, making the offside trap than keeping the strikers marked and when going defensive the defence is set deeper and the needs change from what they do better to what they do worse.

2. Familiarity is still low and upon change it gets way too low.

3. Plain epic bad luck. It is possible and I'll tell you of a similar case that can't be but bad luck:

When I played FM05 it happened the same as it's happening to you. But did it happen after changing? No. While changing? Nope. I always received a goal... when THINKING on making a tactic change. Like 85%.

There were times I spotted a fullback running too far forward and thought "that may be an issue, I should perhaps tell him to stay deeper", before I hit 'tactic' button my team conceded a goal (not necessarily from the fullback running).

I saw my striker with 72% fitness, I thought "I probably would do better bringing a fresh striker from the be-Oh **** it!".

"Like this I should have no issue keeping this two goal margin, but maybe I could change this and that bits to get a third goal or secure my goal. Do I or I don't? Do I do it now or wait a bit?". *hand on mouse prepared to bring cursor over 'tactics' button. [flashing]GOAL OF THE OTHER TEAM[/flashing]

Surely FM05 didn't have anything to read my thoughts, yet 85% of times I thought I was going to make a tactical change, a goal was conceded.

But it looks like errors, the fullbacks who doesn't chase the ball, or the midfielders who just forget their roles on the field... gotta be something wrong, and something to work on!

Back