Why is everyone using Classic Tactics?

• Thread starter Thread starter Hungerr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4K

Hungerr

Reaction score
Every post i check about anyone sharing X tactic, is uploded as a Classic Tactic. Why is it? more ppl playing Classic mode than full? Classic tactics are better than Regular? Just a coincidence?

have always found Classic tactics easier to Exploit the ME. that's more or less the reason, Not to mention you can get more control over the team tactics. that too.

so even if you play regular FM its best to convert your tactic to Classic?

Here the deal. It's easier to make classic tactic, there's less work with them and they generally work pretty good. However, classic tactic can't be compared to regular, if the regular one is quality. Yes, with classic tactic you can exploit ME, but with regular tactic you play on your strength and on opponents weakness.

Here the deal. It's easier to make classic tactic, there's less work with them and they generally work pretty good. However, classic tactic can't be compared to regular, if the regular one is quality. Yes, with classic tactic you can exploit ME, but with regular tactic you play on your strength and on opponents weakness.

Some you don't see alot of on FM base, is people using the modern way of tactics, its Classic or nothing, Im trying to get back into tactic making after last years success.

It is much easier to make a TC tactic. And the idea that a TC tactic gives you less control isnt true. In FML SI ran a test of Classic vs TC and TC ran rings around it. also classic is static, once the opposition changes shape, if you cant cope, then its much harder to adapt it mid game.

People generally choose it to find a "sweet spot", which often invariably moves once rep changes, or in the case of FM, when the opposition changes shape.

What do you mean when you say "exploiting ME"?
Also:
sorry for asking noob questions. But how can you spot rivals weakness? my AM wont tell me anything about my rivals playstyle. I only get their formations. thats not enough to decide if my team has to attack through their flanks or the middle.

/Offtopic off

So if classic tactics are better (er easier to make) should i be playing classic mode too? if classic tactics is the way to got, and im already delegating pep talks and media **** to my AM, i dont see the point in regular FM mode. Just to set individual training?

Some you don't see alot of on FM base, is people using the modern way of tactics, its Classic or nothing, Im trying to get back into tactic making after last years success.

Dunno about this the best tactician on the site (TBH) is the TC, and when she does use classic, its based on the the theory on which the TC adopted anyway. That's what people dont understand, the actual logic behind what the classic slider is what the TC is

Rule of One = Very Rigid

Rule of Two = Rigid

Role Theory = Balanced

5 x 5 = Fluid

Global Mentality = Very Fluid

What do you mean when you say "exploiting ME"?
Also:
sorry for asking noob questions. But how can you spot rivals weakness? my AM wont tell me anything about my rivals playstyle. I only get their formations. thats not enough to decide if my team has to attack through their flanks or the middle.

/Offtopic off

So if classic tactics are better (er easier to make) should i be playing classic mode too? if classic tactics is the way to got, and im already delegating pep talks and media **** to my AM, i dont see the point in regular FM mode. Just to set individual training?

Classic isnt easier to make unless you understand slider logic, if you understand slider logic, you'd be using the TC anyway

whats "TC"? and is there any post explaining the Slider logic?

I don't think you can say one person in particular who is better at tactics then anyone else mike, Everyone who has released a tactic has something Unique and it will work better for some then others.

Granted she is very good at making them, but i don't think anyone in particular is the best at making tactics.

the people who put in loads of effort imo deserve more credit, those who make a fantastic Opening post, those who put the work in to describe their tactics and show multiple reasons as to why its different.

Every post i check about anyone sharing X tactic, is uploded as a Classic Tactic. Why is it? more ppl playing Classic mode than full? Classic tactics are better than Regular? Just a coincidence?

Its pretty easy.

People purly using the Wizard rarley upload their tactics but instead, they bring their approach up for discussion.

People using Classic are more likely to upload them as its "their work" . They are also more likely to upload the tactic file rather than discussion it due to the high amount of needed screenshots, every player needing on.

I don't think you can say one person in particular who is better at tactics then anyone else mike, Everyone who has released a tactic has something Unique and it will work better for some then others.

Granted she is very good at making them, but i don't think anyone in particular is the best at making tactics.

the people who put in loads of effort imo deserve more credit, those who make a fantastic Opening post, those who put the work in to describe their tactics and show multiple reasons as to why its different.

Every one can make tactics, and I'm sure lots of people make good tactics. but you can definitely say that some are better than others at doing things, and have shown so. It's not really about credit. I'm talking about the inherent knowledge behind it. And some have demonstrated greater ability to do it that others over the years, that doesn't mean there are not other good creators. And i think it would be fair to say that she probably is the best on this site (though I's sure JP Woody is angrily glowering at me). I'd definitely argue that there isn't anyone who understands the sliders on this site better than her.

Its pretty easy.

People purly using the Wizard rarley upload their tactics but instead, they bring their approach up for discussion.

People using Classic are more likely to upload them as its "their work" . They are also more likely to upload the tactic file rather than discussion it due to the high amount of needed screenshots, every player needing on.

Indeed, a Classic tactic needs a screenshot for every single player, plus how ever many it needs to show results.

It is much easier to make a TC tactic. And the idea that a TC tactic gives you less control isnt true. In FML SI ran a test of Classic vs TC and TC ran rings around it. also classic is static, once the opposition changes shape, if you cant cope, then its much harder to adapt it mid game.

People generally choose it to find a "sweet spot", which often invariably moves once rep changes, or in the case of FM, when the opposition changes shape.
I disagree. The amount of this you can to on regular tactic is much higher then on classic one. But successful regular is way better than successful classic.

Every one can make tactics, and I'm sure lots of people make good tactics. but you can definitely say that some are better than others at doing things, and have shown so. It's not really about credit. I'm talking about the inherent knowledge behind it. And some have demonstrated greater ability to do it that others over the years, that doesn't mean there are not other good creators. And i think it would be fair to say that she probably is the best on this site (though I's sure JP Woody is angrily glowering at me). I'd definitely argue that there isn't anyone who understands the sliders on this site better than her.

No everyone can make tactics, Look at the downloads for example, i think last year between my three there was over 32k downloads. When people decide to create a tactic For FM base, it becomes and Obsession rather then fun. I found myself last year spending alot of my free time making countless tactics until i found something i felt was unique and FM base didn't have.

You can put people into four groups for tactic making,

Group 1 - The creator who puts alot of effort into Both Game time and tweaking until its perfect, Tested with more then 2 or 3 teams and has Lots of detail and Information as to why its Different and unique to others. (just because you understand sliders, Doesn't mean you are amazing at FM, most people understand them its almost the simplest thing about Fm)

What impresses me is when people go to the lengths to create a lovely Opening post with lots of screenshots, Well documented and easy to read/understand. this is a Group 1 member

Group 2 - Somebody who has a Wonder season with a tactic they make, Upload and give a decent amount of information, Looking for testers rather than praise. Over the course of a week or two you see the Op get Edited and Contributed for while the Creator tests new teams for him/herself. (where i think a good percentage of us creators are situated)

Group 3 - The type that gets on my nerves, Upload the tactic give about 2 paragraphs and no screenshots then wonder why they don't get downloads. ( A section i see alot of now from fm 13. I don't see much of Group 1.

these IMO are the three main groups of users who upload. All in which need credit apart from group 3, If you spend the time to create something for others and put work into making a easy to understand and full of information Opening post then you deserve as much praise as the next person)

Don't think i am trying to get under your skin mike, just having a debate. I might not fully agree with what you say atm but i still respect your opinion. I agree with some of it, but not the last part.

No everyone can make tactics, Look at the downloads for example, i think last year between my three there was over 32k downloads. When people decide to create a tactic For FM base, it becomes and Obsession rather then fun. I found myself last year spending alot of my free time making countless tactics until i found something i felt was unique and FM base didn't have.

You can put people into four groups for tactic making,

Group 1 - The creator who puts alot of effort into Both Game time and tweaking until its perfect, Tested with more then 2 or 3 teams and has Lots of detail and Information as to why its Different and unique to others. (just because you understand sliders, Doesn't mean you are amazing at FM, most people understand them its almost the simplest thing about Fm)

What impresses me is when people go to the lengths to create a lovely Opening post with lots of screenshots, Well documented and easy to read/understand. this is a Group 1 member

Group 2 - Somebody who has a Wonder season with a tactic they make, Upload and give a decent amount of information, Looking for testers rather than praise. Over the course of a week or two you see the Op get Edited and Contributed for while the Creator tests new teams for him/herself. (where i think a good percentage of us creators are situated)

Group 3 - The type that gets on my nerves, Upload the tactic give about 2 paragraphs and no screenshots then wonder why they don't get downloads. ( A section i see alot of now from fm 13. I don't see much of Group 1.

these IMO are the three main groups of users who upload. All in which need credit apart from group 3, If you spend the time to create something for others and put work into making a easy to understand and full of information Opening post then you deserve as much praise as the next person)

Don't think i am trying to get under your skin mike, just having a debate. I might not fully agree with what you say atm but i still respect your opinion.

I think we are talking on two very different levels. I'm not at all talking about the credit. Anyone who creates a tactic and takes time to post it deserves credit. Why do you think I'm very quick to pick up on those who post "hurr durr this tactic is ****" on someone's thread. I'm not sure if you misunderstood, or if I didn't explain what I'm trying to get at. When I was talking about TBH being "better", I'm purely talking on a knowledge level here.

And sliders are not simple, if they were it wouldnt take 10,000 words to fully understand the logic and theory them. Doesnt mean we cant use them ( if we couldnt this game would be a disaster). But there is so much more behind it. Its why the tactics creator was built in the first place. Though the TC is by no means a finished product, it can be expande hugely, and in ways the sliders by themselves cant keep up with.

And not at all, this is a great debate. If anything its nice to hear when someone doesnt agree, its good to hear a different view.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, this is just my view

Last edited:
As Zero Sea said, sliders can be more accurate. I find it easier to get what I want to do and achieve using the sliders on classic tactics.

Back