Why is my budget so low (Arsenal)?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I won the Premier League and FA Cup with Arsenal in my first season, despite the board only expecting me to qualify for the Europa league, I had around £30-40m to spend in the first season, but this season I have only been given £12m!

And I really need a new striker, and had lined up deals for one of Cavani, Falcao and Rooney (all 3 transfer-listed by request!)

But one of them would cost about £25-35m, which I had expected to get, whilst I also need a new back-up LB to give cover to Gibbs.

Any ideas why that could be? (Or if possible, is there anyway to get it up?)

Cheers!

Did you make a profit last year? And IRL they made 30m+ from selling RVP which would increase the budget.

Well , do you actually have more money that can be spend on transfers ?

He means what are your finances like...

Do you actually have good finances so you can go out and buy players?
I use 48 month options a lot so for me I care more about overall finances when it comes to transfers rather than budget.

what is your bottom line balance on the finances tab? i'm arsenal and try to show profit at the end of every year, and thus try to have managed to have a balance above 100 million at the start of every season. This allows me to have a decent transfer kitty (70mil for the start of 4th season) if i need to buy someone desperately, allows for losses during each month of the season so i don't get into financial difficulty and also means i get a decent transfer kitty in jan if i need reinforcements. Makes it easier to do my job really

My finances are good, not great considering I am Arsenal (Made losses last year (Probably because my board were too kind and kept giving me money ;) )) but I still have a balance of £80m. And I barely use 48 month instalments, so it can't be that :)

Oh and it's *She means what are your finances like, unless I am very much mistaken :P

He means what are your finances like...

Do you actually have good finances so you can go out and buy players?
I use 48 month options a lot so for me I care more about overall finances when it comes to transfers rather than budget.
48 month deals can do more bad than good if you do them all the time.

48 month deals can do more bad than good if you do them all the time.

THIS

It works to help you gain promotion as the revenue you bring in the top division will cover the payments. Doing it as a top side is an extremely risky proposition and you can get carried away with it.

I know, I said I very RARELY DO THEM! (I only use them for say I need to keep 500k back in my budget, I will use it. I never use them for more than 1m!

Back