Why is my start to the season always ****?

• Thread starter Thread starter Forder22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 979

Forder22

Reaction score
I decided to start a career with Forest this morning, i set up my formations in detail, i set up the training, had a good pre season not losing once. Then the start of the season comes and i went in to October winning one game!!!

i dont know what im doing wrong? i also didnt buy many players in the window.

Any ideas?

What was the familiarity of the tactics you created like? Also, Forest bought alot of players at the start of this season soo they;ll need to time to settle and adapt :)

Finally, I wouldn't base anything on friendlies. They are simply there to get players fit and to make money in my opinion. It is still likely to be your players/your tactics if there is high familiarity and once the players have settled:)

Just give your players time to gel into the tactics you've set, and for them to settle in with YOU as their manager.

What is your past experience set as? If its Sunday league footballer or semi professional then it will take time for players to respect you as a manager.

Could be anything, who did you play in your friendlies, did you rotate the squad enough, how many friendlies did you play, when and who did you sign, did you play the new players in the friendlies? Look at Everton this season, they got an extra week off and 2 friendlie less than they usually do and they had a great start to the season rather than their usual awful start.

Back