Why The **** Are Stoke So Hard TO Beat!

• Thread starter Thread starter SLR1987
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6K

SLR1987

Reaction score
I'm playing as Man Utd, using Raikan's Might and Magic tactic, first season, with Nani and Young on the wings, Fletcher and Giggs in the middle, Rooney and Hernandez up front, only new player in the squad is Maicon! Have played Stoke home and away in the league, and have drawn twice, both 0-0's! I'm storming the league, and am scoring a bucket load in most games, but can't seem to beat Stoke! Or even score! Any suggestions guys?

Im sure he mentions in one of the tactic descriptions its not a great tactic against Stoke. Take Giggs out the middle and throw in Carrick - Deeplying playmaker - Defend. Drop Rooney in behind Hernandez in AMC.

That's how I play against teams who play directly.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for the Advice, I'm top of the league in april, clear buy 10 points! Team playing really! Will try Short and Sweet next season against stoke see how I do :)

Could it be because some of Stokes players are very physical and strong, and have the ability to knock players like Nani and Young off the ball? I've had matches against them, and they seem to easily knock over my wingers as they were poor strength wise, but great with pace and agailty. I feel the more physical, and physically stronger teams are harder to beat than the teams with a lot of technical players.

Stokes defense is really good on FM probably because they're so physical. Tbh drawing with them is probably the way to go.

In my spurs save, stoke get relegated the first season n never promoted back..

Stoke finished 20th in the second season on my Leeds save.
But even if they finished last,I didn't manage to beat them...they had surprisingly good morale for being last and they are very hard to score against.

OMG Hernandez just ripped Wigan to shreds! 3 goals in the first 10 mins!

I was Arsenal and Stoke beat me 2-0, So i made a new game and went stoke, and lost 7-0 to man united berbatov scored 6 and i scored an OG. Started again, then man united beat me 6-0 berbatov scored 5. Safe to say fm was close to being off my computer

Stoke have always been relatively easy for me to beat, maybe you're just unlucky, the team i struggle against is Wigan, Boselli seems to score a hat trick past me every game and i ended up beating them like 4-3 and 5-3 or something along those lines.

Also dueing the 3rd season on my file, Stoke got knocked out the cup to Exeter 4nil, unsure how that came about but yeah..

Back