Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter GNU07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 794

GNU07

Reaction score
2nd season with MU and i found this 4* 16 year old regen in Gremio. I matched his release clause at 2M so i entered in talks, he accepted contract and the transfer will be completed in 1/1/2015! Wtf? I'm in october and in the transfer window i selected NEXT AVAILABLE so he should come in the january window..

um.. dude, you need to know the rules of English football!

English clubs can only sign 18yr olds and older from Non Euro countries :) otherwise they could steal all the good talent from 15 onwards....

He's a brazilian, meaning he's not allowed to sign for foreign clubs until he's 18 years old. Some leagues have rules like that. Same goes for Argentinians if I'm not mistaken.

Because there's a Brazilian rule preventing players from leaving the country before a certain age. Hence why people like Lucas Piazon in real life hasn't already transferred to Chelsea.

the upside of this however is that it gives this player a chance of becoming HG :) as it takes 3 years (before the age of 21)

Same subject but... Are Brazlian clubs allowed to loan their youngsters out to Euro clubs? Would be a cheeky little loophole to save waiting for your signing to come in. I'm talking about real life here, would be difficult to get around it on FM.

um.. dude, you need to know the rules of English football!

English clubs can only sign 18yr olds and older from Non Euro countries :) otherwise they could steal all the good talent from 15 onwards....

I think you need to learn the rules :P

Brazilian rule is that no player can leave until they're 18, pre-contracts can be signed [on FM, don't know about RL] but, yeah, that's the rule..

Only way to avoid it is by turning off work permits, although, it's too late for that now. Still though, you can make him HG between 18-21, it's not all bad.

Thanks guys you made me look like an idiot now lol :P guess i have to pay more attention to the rules!

I appealed for work permit and they accepted the second time. The downside is that he wont develop that fast now.. I mean Gremios facilitities are not top class

Last edited:
"go on a three year loan spell to Tottenham" once you have agreed to purchase the player at 15yrs old.. lol!

Its there to protect the Brazillian clubs, because their league is smaller than the big leagues around the world they want to keep their brightest stars around as long as possible in order to get big transfers in for them...

Eg: Neymar, Ganso - World Class Internationls and there is huge money surrounding their transfers (well not so much Ganso as he is half the player he was before his injury) Damiao as well...

Back