Wilkins wants answers from Blues

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 453

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins is to take legal advice following his departure from the club.

More...

Yes, I want answers, and, to be honest, I think everyone wants answers as well

I don't blame him if im honest, he seems as if it was out of the blue aswell.

Some of my friends believe he was let go, mainly United fans, but the small Chelsea contingent at my school believe that he was sacked. He wouldn't have been let go like that, he's too good an assistant manager

Some of my friends believe he was let go, mainly United fans, but the small Chelsea contingent at my school believe that he was sacked. He wouldn't have been let go like that, he's too good an assistant manager

I have heard a couple of theiories mate, one is that Wilkins and Carlo have different opinions on how the game is ment to be played for example, when Ray was playing he was nicknamed "the crab" because he used to pass sideways and Carlo likes to pass forward take Obi Mikel this season for example now passing more forwards. Another is obviously trying to trim the wage bill some more which i personly don't believe because he proberly earns in a year what Lampard earns in a month. And another is that Wilkins and Abramovic fell out when we got knocked out the Champions League last season to Inter.

Last edited:
I have heard a couple of theiories mate, one is that Wilkins and Carlo have different opinions on how the game is ment to be played for example, when Ray was playing he was nicknamed "the crab" because he used to pass sideways and Carlo likes to pass forward take Obi Mikel this season for example now passing more forwards. Another is obviously trying to trim the wage bill some more which i personly don't believe because he proberly earns in a year what Lampard earns in a month. And another is that Wilkins and Abramovic fell out when we got knocked out the Champions League last season to Inter.

1. No one wants to see sideways passing, it's just boring and unadventurous, I doubt it's that tbh because I can't see him arguing with Ancelloti over that somehow.

2. He was on quarter of a million pounds a year. So more like a week and a half for Frank Lampard ;) But yeah, don't believe that one either..

3. Why would he only leave now if they fell out that long ago? Surely he would have left before the season started? Don't think that's the reason either.

The only vaguely logical reason seems to be that his contract ran out at the end of the year, and Chelsea are apparently known for being ruthless in letting people go before their contract is up. This is just from Football Weekly on the Guardian Website so it could be bollocks

Very harsh. From what I have heard Ancelotti didn't want him to leave as well but Abramovich wanted to change the structure of the coaching staff. As I said, very harsh.

Back