Win at start of season, lose towards end?

HolyXIII

Reaction score
Hey guys, could do with some insight please :)

Basically no matter what team I am, I seem to win huge amounts of games at the start of the season, and then half way through I seem to start losing heavily.

i.e. with my milwall team I'm playing with some friends at the moment, I didn't lose a single league game until match 15 now I'm on match 23 and I've lost 7 drawn 1. (Plus got knocked out of Johnstones and FA!)

I haven't changed my tactics much throughout the season other than tweaking every now and again for certain teams.

I wonder is it my team talks? Was I motivating my team at the start of the season and now my team talks have lost their effectiveness?

Also how should tactics change for Home/Away games in league1/2? Because it seems if I go a little more defensive then I still let in the same amount of goals I just don't score as many :(

Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone needs more info on my teams tactics or my team talks etc then let me know!
Cheers in advance.

If you keep the same tactic you will become predictable so the opposition will be able to suss you out try changing it up a bit for home,away games etc

Maybe your players are getting tired.

Nope I rotate my players and most of them have 95-100% fitness :(

I didn't realise the AI would work like that, learning my tactics over time. I'll try switching my tactics around a bit more (Although I think I've tried that in previous games).

Cheers guys!
Any other suggestions?

same kind of thing happens to me, except i don't start losing heavily i just dont play as well or dont win by as much. I personaly think that you should keep the same tactics in the season else your team wont have time to adjust to them. Having said that, as you said you ahould tweak it for different teams, like employing a tactical suprise. I went to play man utd, expecting to get thrashed, but i suprised them a bit from starting off all out attack. I ended up winning 4-2 and the same can be said bout chelsea:D. Hope someone else can you help you more than I have just done, I've read it back and it looks like ive waffled on a bit lol.

Nah it was useful mate :) Was afraid if I changed the tactic too much my players wouldn't gel/adjust so your post makes me feel better :p

no probs mate, good luck with whatever your doing anyway, wait are you a boy or girl, cause of your name? If you are a girl, then i won't cal you mate lol

That says Holy. If you're thinking they are a girl because their name is Holly then you are wrong.

Well I am male... and no my name isn't Holly (or Holy) but my name is Ashley, so I am used to getting asked what gender I am :p