• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 482
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Guys, help is urgently needed due to a problem I've never had before.

The crux of the matter is, 4 days ago I installed Flight Simulator X, and installation went fine and was working. Same day, installed an add on called My Traffic X (which basically adds new scenery files and aircraft), and that installed fine. However, I can't access the scenery. When I do try to, it comes up with a splash message basically I don't have admin rights to install the new scenery files onto the computer and have to log in as the administrator.

Has anyone got Windows 7 Home Premium, and found a way to get around the problem of gaining full admin access to files? I'm the only one who pretty much uses the laptop, but for some reason, when I create another account, I don't have the option of making myself the administrator-when I do click that option, it greys itself out. Or should I re-install both the programs, by right clicking the install options "as administrator" on the setup.exe file? Any help is gratefully appreciated, as this has been going on for four days now and it's driving me up the goddam wall :@

No computer genius, but whenever I've had problems like that it's always run fine if you just right click and Run/Install as Admin.

No computer genius, but whenever I've had problems like that it's always run fine if you just right click and Run/Install as Admin.

Tried that already and sadly no joy at all. I swear, the security system in Windows 7 HP is plain ridiculous. Never known anything like it. By the looks of it, even though I'm the admin for the laptop, I don't get the full admin rights, and as a result, can't use a game I've paid for properly. Going to try a clean uninstall/reinstall and install as admin one more time, in the vain hope it may work. However, I can see myself getting rid of this OS-its infuriating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back