Windows 7 logon screen won't show

• Thread starter Thread starter Chokopop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 595

Chokopop

Self-diagnosed FM addict
Reaction score
Alright lads, I need a bit of help here, as this is quite frustrating.

Yesterday, I was doing the usual on my Laptop, Being on Facebook, MSN, talking to a few friends, playing some games. However, I did not turn off the computer, due to one of my games needing an update. I assumed I could do this, as I always do this.

However, when I woke up this morning the computer said "Please install an operating system on your harddrive". I thought that was a mistake, and so I turned off the computer, and turned it back on.

But now, my logon screen won't show. I get past the manufacturer screen, and the Windows boot screen, which takes longer than usual. I get some sort of error message after 5 minutes or so, however since it is in my native Danish, I have to translate it to my best skill:

"Initialization of the interactive logonprocess failed.
More information is found in the event log"

I bought my Computer of a Danish website, but it never came with a Windows 7 CD, so I won't even be able to delete Windows, and re-install it.

And I'm pretty sure it's not a virus, since I scanned my computer yesterday before I went to bed, and it didn't find anything.

My computer is a HP Compaq CQ62.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I have the same problem in "Safe Mode".

ohhhhh, SNAPPPP. have u ever made a recover disc for ur laptop?. i always do it on the first instance (once though) just to make sure things are safe.

and what game was it updating, fm12. ?

imo, one likely cause is maybe ur laptop overheated, and its 'heat sinking' failed. i exactly had the same problem (the log on screen issue). but not cause i left i overnight (which i never ever do), but partly because the fan in the bottom (its a laptop btw) was blocked since the base was bigger than the cooling fan which i previously had.

the cure, get to a repair shop, and they will specifically tell whats the problemo. :)

thats all i have to say.

Back