windows 7

• Thread starter Thread starter gormo095
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 907

gormo095

Reaction score
i am currentley on windows 7 and i found out it was a counterfit so if i buy a upgrade verison of windows 7 what will i have to do

do i just need a key

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

a message came up on my screen

so u must of illegaly downloaded if not then go to the people that sold you it and get them arrested

If the version you have installed (Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate) is the same version that you are going to pay for then you should be able to change the product key on the Control Panel somewhere.

Get a genuine product key. No need to re-install

Just installed windows 7 on my PC, looking pretty swish if I'm honest. Had XP and a couple of shots on Vista but the college allowed us to download Windows 7 professional for free so i gladly took it :) haha!

If the version you have installed (Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate) is the same version that you are going to pay for then you should be able to change the product key on the Control Panel somewhere.

once Microsoft realise it is a counterfeit, you cannot change the Product Key.

Easy way - Do a soft reinstall(similar to a repair). This means you will not lose files, and you can just enter the key when done.

since windows 7 was my idea then I say how dare u get a counterfit copy! :P Jokes aside Stu Ws seems to be the best solution. Try registering a new product key without reinstall but if that doesnt work then do Stus idea

Back