• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 473

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anybody on here got a phone running Windows Phone 7 yet? I know it has only been out for a few weeks but I'm sure there are a few tech savvy users who have already got one.

What are your thoughts on the operating system? How are you finding it?

I'm planning on getting a HTC HD7 in a few weeks time when my contract runs out.

I've heard plenty of good reviews from critics but what do you 'real people' think about the new OS?

I have never been a fan of Windows Mobile. I had a HTC Excalibur a couple of years ago, and it was terribly unreliable. Although the new version may be better, I am not wasting my money on any more Windows phones.

Although, that HTC is very sexy. that would make me consider buying a Windows Mobile.

I have never been a fan of Windows Mobile. I had a HTC Excalibur a couple of years ago, and it was terribly unreliable. Although the new version may be better, I am not wasting my money on any more Windows phones.

Although, that HTC is very sexy. that would make me consider buying a Windows Mobile.

They have developed Windows Phone 7 from the ground up. It's not built on the old Windows 6.5 OS... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/default.aspx

Here's a couple of user reviews...
7. I cannot believe how bad the interface is on this phone. Microsoft continues to have no idea how to compete in this market.

Wednesday at 00:57 GMT
8. Though I find the iPhone or the Android (iPhone copy) to be nice, I am not a big fan of any. Microsoft has done a good job by trying NOT to copy the i-Rip-You-Off-GUY aka Steve Jobs design. Of course its a matter of choice just like I hate beer but like Vodka, I like this new design for the Windows Phone I can see this become very popular with the young ones who like their Xbox games.

The missing copy and paste is not such a big deal for now as it will be added as an update in early 2011. People should realise that though multi-tasking is a nice to have, it drains your device's battery faster; so for now I'd personally live without it. I've tried the HTC Mozart and I was quite impressed with the look, speed and fluidity of the interface. There are some area's for improvement but nothing major. Good job Microsoft.

Back