Wingers with great crossing

• Thread starter Thread starter Southie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3K

Southie

Reaction score
Just starting up with Liverpool in 11.3

I am looking for wingers on both flanks to pump in the high crosses to Carroll. Ideally, young, fast, skillful and determined.

Would love to know if Alexis Sanchez can work well in this role? Eden Hazard?

How much would Ashley Young cost? What about Bale?

Also open to lots of ideas about more affordable/ realistic targets.

Thanks in advance.

Not exactly young but what about David Beckham?
Everyone seems to be put off by his wage demands and age but if you can get him he will get tons of assists.
Especially seeing as you have Andy Carroll.

If you want wingers with great crossing, Sanchez is definitely not your man.

Albrighton's got beastly crossing in this, but never develops. Lucas (Sao Paulo) is decent IIRC. Young works too.

AML-
Eljero Elia - HSV
Bryan Ruiz - Twente
Eugene Konoplyanka - Dnipro
Ashley Young - Aston Villa
Eden Hazard - Lille

AMR-
Ryad Boudebouz - Sochaux
Stefano Guberti - Sampdoria
Sebastian Blanco - Lanus
Osmar Ferreyra - Dnipro
Gervinho - Lille
Jefferson Farfan - Schalke
Karim Ait Fana - Montepellier

Last edited:
Don't scoff at this, Chris Brunt, a younger version of David Beckham.

Not sure about their crossing, but they've been asisting on my save all season:

Valbuena, Fabio Coentrao, Andre Ayew

Go to your search on FM

Filter for AMR and AML, then attribute filter by a crossing ability of at least 16?

If you want wingers with great crossing, Sanchez is definitely not your man.

That is what I thought. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Not exactly young but what about David Beckham?
Everyone seems to be put off by his wage demands and age but if you can get him he will get tons of assists.
Especially seeing as you have Andy Carroll.

Interesting idea as a temp measure. How much does he cost?

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Not sure about their crossing, but they've been asisting on my save all season:

Valbuena, Fabio Coentrao, Andre Ayew

Lots of people see to like Coentrao. Are you playing him at left back or left mid? I take it he transitions well to the Prem.

Coentrao fits in the prem like a gem.

He's only about 8m, I've never played him out of LB though, but his season ratings are always above 7.00

Has crossing improved in this version? I tried in 11.2 but crosses failed miserably almost all the time.

If it's working, you can try the following:

AMR:
Orlando Gaona Lugo - Great crosser, good dribbler, very pacey, although his mentals are a letdown. He is just 19 though so he can get tutored and he will improve, believe me.
Augusto Fernandez - Good crosser, good dribbler, decent speed, good mentals and is 24. Not so good stamina, though.
Enzo Perez - Decent crosser but a great player overall, 24 y/o so he can still improve somewhat. Can also play on the left wing as an IF.

AML:
Iván Bella - Decent crosser, not so much of a dribbler, good pace, decent mentals, decent stamina, just 20 y/o.
Leandro Benítez - Not so pacey, but aside from that he's a very good player. Downside - he's almost 30.

Note - this players are all from the Argentine Premier, and may not get a work permit. Worth sending a scout to find out, though.

That is what I thought. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Interesting idea as a temp measure. How much does he cost?

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Lots of people see to like Coentrao. Are you playing him at left back or left mid? I take it he transitions well to the Prem.

Switching him between left back and AML...

Alexis Sanchez has always got me lots of assists... Eljero Elia has too... Ashley Young is a good winger to have. Eden Hazard (I play him CM but can play wide) and also Bryan Ruiz are good....

Switching him between left back and AML...

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Alexis Sanchez has always got me lots of assists... Eljero Elia has too... Ashley Young is a good winger to have.

Any idea how much Elia or Young should cost?

(at a different computer that my one that has FM 2011 right now)

Thanks.

Sanchez and Hazard both top the assists for player stats season after season for me, they are incredible.

Sanchez and Hazard both top the assists for player stats season after season for me, they are incredible.

What type of assists though? Neither of their crossing looks that great, but that could be the attribute masking.

Griezmann and Arda Turan aint bad at all

Maybe its me but Griezmann seems like a wasteful player for me. I had him in Spurs for 1st season and everytime he got the ball he would just go solo and bang, majority missing the target.

You could take a look at Marko Marin of Werder Bremen, he's young,fast,skillful but his teamwork and workrate may be a turn off.

Back