Winning tactics away from home?

PhateRR

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently managing Brentford in the 2012/13 season in League 1. After taking over about a 1/4 of the way into the season and building the squad up in the January transfer window I have a very capable team of players all rated excellent or better for the senior team.

I'm using a 4-4-2 short passing/attacking tactics for the most part, which work fantastically at home. We usually win by 3-4 goals, even taking down league leaders Leyton Orient 3-1.

However, no matter what I seem to do I cannot buy a win away from home. 0-0 seems to be the best I can ever hope for, and we consisently lose to teams like Brighton and Crewe who are in the relegation zone, teams who we massacre 4 or 5-0 at home.

I know there is supposed to be some difference between home and away form, but this seems ridiculous. Any suggestions on how to adjust these tactics to get more out of away games, or any other general tips?

291f3x2.jpg

i think you'd be better off playin more direct and quicker tempo away from home. teams are more aggressive at home so it would be harder to play a slower and short game because theyl close down more, also i would probably play less attacking because it may be that the worse teams in your divis mite be hittin u on the counter throwin more men on the counter attack because theyre at home. thats wat i would do m8

same prob??? its not real every away game i cant even buy a draw

Im playing as manchester united, im doing ok, but as usual my away form against the big four and european teams isnt great. (lost 3-0 away at arsenal, 3-2 at chelsea). I find that if i play deep def line and counter attack that can work although i have to rely on luck being on my side in terms of the opposition taking their chances. any ideas?
I don't have too much issues with beating smaller teams away, its just the big ones.