avfc-ncfc

Reaction score
My backup players are unhappy and want regular first team football, i don't really want to sell them because they are backup players and my squad with be to thin without them so do i just ignore them or do i need to sell them?

They are probably my third choice and are nowhere near as good as my second and first choice so playing them they never really get good rating but i don't really wanna sell them because if i end up with my first and second choice injured i'm buggered and they are on low wages.

They are probably my third choice and are nowhere near as good as my second and first choice so playing them they never really get good rating but i don't really wanna sell them because if i end up with my first and second choice injured i'm buggered and they are on low wages.

I wouldn't keep third choices if you have a decent second team then, any sort of third choice players should really be reserve players or youth players.

It's upto you though mate, if they simply aren't going to get games it's not fair to keep them.

They are reserve players but they arent happy still. They want First team football that they will only get when the other two are injured will it upset team morale if they keep moaning? Just worried because if i get a couple injuries in one position i will be in trouble.

Last edited:
They are reserve players but they arent happy still. They want First team football that they will only get when the other two are injured will it upset team morale if they keep moaning? Just worried because if i get a couple injuries in one position i will be in trouble.

As in your reserve or youth team?

And it might, but if you're realistic you will have certain cover, say 3 of your 4 CB's are injured, then you can use the LB or RB to cover and so forth

If they are 3rd choice and are a decent value, why keep them?

Try keeping them happy, loan them to a feeder club or something.

I usually rotate with players when easy matches come if I want to keep them in my club. But if I can get a decent price out of them I always sell, especially if they aren't performing.

i dont rotate cause my team always lack consistency. Ive got great back ups in my Stade Rennais but if i chop and change a few players, the team doesnt perform.

The only possible thing you can do is rotate more.

Also, you said '..my team always lacks consistency'. So it doesn't change when you play your third choice? Then it's even easier, no?

Your third choice players should really be youngsters, that way you dont have to worry about anyone being upset with not playing often. Sell and bring through your youth team or buy young. If not just leave them be, In my experience its never really damaged team morale unless they are favoured personal