uberraggsy

Reaction score
View attachment 189242

‘RAGGETT TAKES UP WOKING OFFER’

Unknown 19 year-old manager Daniel Raggett has signed a 1 year deal with The Cardinals, who believe they have found a ‘diamond in the rough’ in the form of the life-time Woking fan. Chairman Mike Smith appeared unshaken in the wake of serious questioning from the media about whether the young coach has what it takes to control a dressing room of players who are much older than him and to find success – “Raggett has all the attributes that anybody could wish for as a manager; age is just a number.” Raggett, who was only ever a Sunday-league footballer himself, is set to address the media later today.

---

Since beginning to play Football Manager in 2008, I’ve rarely strayed far from what I knew. Chelsea, and more recently Southampton, were typical saves I would casually dabble in, and this year was no different. After achieving Champions League glory with both Chelsea and Southampton in recent editions of the game, I thought I’d be able to find further success in what I was comfortable with. Wrong. I took over at Chelsea and performed only marginally better than Mourinho, getting the sack in early January; with Southampton handing me a similar fate. “Maybe I should try something different.” I thought to myself.

---

Raggett looked like a man with obvious confidence in his own talents during his first official press conference as the new manager at the Kingfield Stadium. Despite his tender age, his 6’3” and stocky build created a real presence in the room.
Journalists present wasted no time in addressing the elephant in the room – just how does the teenager demand respect from a squad of semi-professional footballers? Raggett responded calmly: “Woking Football Club used to be something I was very fond of – then it became an obsession. I’ve got notes on every one of these guys from the moment they put pen-to-paper. I haven’t met them yet I know everything about them.”

The room was silent.

He continued “I know everybody’s strengths and their faults. I know how to improve them. I know the desire they have. I'm intelligent, and I have the utmost confidence in my abilities - people will respect that.”

Raggett later went on to talk about his own ambitions as the new head coach, as he passionately addressed the press “Some players may see this club as a stepping stone on the path in their careers. I see it as the vessel which will take me to the top. Bruno [Antrade] has a desire to play in the Sky Bet League 2 – so I’m going to get us there.”

The press conference ended with smiles. Raggett looked convinced that he had proven a point. Journalists knew they had a story for their editors. Whether he proved to be a success or not, Raggett had the potential to cause a stir in the Vanarama National League.

---

So here I am at the helm of my local club, Woking, who play at the 6,000 capacity Kingfield Stadium in Surrey. I’ll be providing updates on this semi-regularly, so all feedback on format and my actual progress in the save will be appreciated.

View attachment 189240

Having been in a similar situation, I wish you the best of luck!