Wolves 0-2 Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 932

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Marouane Chamakh scores in the first and last minute to give Arsenal a much-needed victory.

More...

Much-needed is an understatement. This result breathes one big sigh of relief for us.

Woop! Talking point is obviously the challenge by cesc. Worthy of a yellow, but not a red IMO.

If he should have been sent off, then there's no question Karl henry should have been for putting his studs into Arshavin's shin before the Cesc incident.

Great to see Chamakh doing so well, I can't understand his critics, he's not a goalscorer, yet he has 8+ goals already for us in all comps. He's skilful, quick, and can finish on the ground, most importantly, he has a great leap and can head the ball unlike RVP

Not seen highlights or anything - what was Cesc's challenge like?

Not seen highlights or anything - what was Cesc's challenge like?

It will be on MOTD... Didn't see it properly, but he goes for a challenge with a wolves player also going for it, both going for the ball, but Cesc is late and catches Ward.

The ball was being cleared up the line. Cesc streched and tackled the guy late. Studs wern't showing and it wasn't double footed.

Clear yellow.

Is Fabregas going through a frustrated spell or something? Against Newcastle he wasn't at his best, looked clearly frustrated and put a fair few mistimed/dirty challenges in (although that could just be from Barton winding him up)

Last edited:
Seems a bit ironic that Cesc gets sent off especially after what Wenger has stated in the past and Wolves were mentioned as being physical and a dirty side. Dont get me wrong as not trying to start an argument here but I think Arsenal are now bottom of the fair play league.

Cesc got a red? F*ck sake...

Seems a bit ironic that Cesc gets sent off especially after what Wenger has stated in the past and Wolves were mentioned as being physical and a dirty side. Dont get me wrong as not trying to start an argument here but I think Arsenal are now bottom of the fair play league.

what are you two on about ?oO)

I watched the match and Fabregas never got sent off !

Just seen the Fabregas challenge, so easily could have been a red. Its not a straight red though IMO.

I think that was a red card, he is late and high its so dangerous and you can tell from Cesc's reaction when he gets the yellow he is happy to take it.

Great to see Chamakh doing so well, I can't understand his critics, he's not a goalscorer, yet he has 8+ goals already for us in all comps. He's skilful, quick, and can finish on the ground, most importantly, he has a great leap and can head the ball unlike RVP
I'm very happy to see him doing well too but I can understand his critics, today is like the first time he's displayed any real aerial ability, against Newcastle he didn't win that many aerial challenges iirc and most of us expected him to give us that dimension.

My apologies I only went by what Cloud put.

I think that was a red card, he is late and high its so dangerous and you can tell from Cesc's reaction when he gets the yellow he is happy to take it.

How is it high? They're both on the ground, and he catches him above the foot. If you'd seen Henry's tackle you would see why Arsenal fans are saying it was a yellow, not red.

Or for that matter, Essien's - Two footed, he literally jumps on the other player's legs (almost at least, he lands short)

I can't disagree. Only thing I can see is there's definetely no malice or bad intentions in the challenge but I guess you can say that for many challenges, tbh he's lucky to get away with a yellow there.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

My apologies I only went by what Cloud put.
I only went on what the guy above me said too so, I also apologise :P

The matter of fact is Essien didn't catch Dempsey ok their may of been intent but Fabregas catches the lad and at pace.

I'm very happy to see him doing well too but I can understand his critics, today is like the first time he's displayed any real aerial ability, against Newcastle he didn't win that many aerial challenges iirc and most of us expected him to give us that dimension.

He has scored headers now against:

Bolton
Blackpool
Wolves
Partizan

Won a lot of headers too more generally. He scored 8 headed goals for Bordeaux last season in the CL. He is versatile too, as I said, he also score, from the floor, against:

Wolves
Shakhtar
Braga
Birmingham

He's obviously not an out and out goalscorer, but he's doing pretty well ;)

He has scored headers now against:

Bolton
Blackpool
Wolves
Partizan

Won a lot of headers too more generally. He scored 8 headed goals for Bordeaux last season in the CL. He is versatile too, as I said, he also score, from the floor, against:

Wolves
Shakhtar
Braga
Birmingham

He's obviously not an out and out goalscorer, but he's doing pretty well ;)
I'm not sure about him winning a lot of headers, the Newcastle game was particularly shocking when it came to our aerial ability. I'm not saying he's doing badly but we need him to give us a new dimension by winning headers. However I may just be venting my frustration from the Newcastle game on him.

Back