Won the Champions League - not in the tournament the next year?

Sebmania

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I've got a great save with Wolfsburg going on where I managed to win the Champions League the last season. Excited about the new upcoming season, I made my transfers and started playing the first league games. All of a sudden, some of my best players want to talk about leaving for another club because they want to play in the Champions League. I'm thinking "but we're already in the Champions League you idiots, we won the whole thing last year and came first in the league as well, what the **** are you talking about?". I go on with the game and then a message pops up about the first round in the group stage of the Champions League is coming up, but I'm not in it. What is going on? Like I said before, I won the whole thing the prior season and also I was in first place in the league, which obviously would make me qualify for the tournament. Is this some major bug, and if so, has it happened to anybody else as well? What do I do? I'm quite bummed out over this, losing a lot of income and not being able to compete for the biggest trophy again..

Have you failed FFP and been banned? That's all I can think of.