Reaction score
Just curious to know how people feel about wonderkids being signed in stories.
You know the guys, Scuffet, Balanta, Tielemans, Munir, Jesus Vallejo, Barbosa, ect.

I'm personally not a fan of it but I've never been a "buy 4 wonderkids in first season" and
then let them develop to have a world calss squad. Just not my management style.

No judgement or stigmas against the guys who do, I'm just wondering if there's anyone
else whom, like me, would rather not see the same first season singing in a lot of stories.​

Yeah, I, the same mate. Each to their own but I get sick of seeing the same old signings. Doesn't mean the story will be boring or that I wont read, just isn't my cup of tea.

Yeah, I, the same mate. Each to their own but I get sick of seeing the same old signings. Doesn't mean the story will be boring or that I wont read, just isn't my cup of tea.

For me, the trick to a successful story is to try to stand out and do something different.
Doing something that makes you look like everyone else (in this case, recognized signings) makes your story feel like... Less individual and unique I guess.

For me, the trick to a successful story is to try to stand out and do something different.
Doing something that makes you look like everyone else (in this case, recognized signings) makes your story feel like... Less individual and unique I guess.

Putting the story bit to the side, I suppose a lot has to do with how you approach the game.

For me, I like to try & play as realistically as possible (realistic being an objective term here :p) & I like a struggle. I think it makes the successes all the more rewarding but I understand that is not for everyone...

I agree with you guys, it can make a story a whole lot less appealing when you click it and see that West Ham or whoever have signed Balanta, Romero, Barbosa, Tielemans, whoever else. It's just same old, you basically know what's going to happen in the story anyway!

will be breel embolo this year i think.

I try to keep away from the usual's and find different players in every save. Unless I want to try a tactic out that I might consider releasing as I like to check it will work with a team full of these everybody signings. It might be difficult if playing with a semi big team to avoid getting jeronimo rulli in january as his contract is up at end of season though.

Just curious to know how people feel about wonderkids being signed in stories.
You know the guys, Scuffet, Balanta, Tielemans, Munir, Jesus Vallejo, Barbosa, ect.

I'm personally not a fan of it but I've never been a "buy 4 wonderkids in first season" and
then let them develop to have a world calss squad. Just not my management style.

No judgement or stigmas against the guys who do, I'm just wondering if there's anyone
else whom, like me, would rather not see the same first season singing in a lot of stories.​

I don't mind if they sign one wonderkid. When they start selling off their first team from the outset and buying 5 wonderkids at once is when I lose interest. All in moderation.

I really don't mind what they do for me its more the context of the story that counts, I am currently composing a Leeds Moneyball story so if I went and signed wonderkids it wouldn't make sense. But then lets take a real life example of what is going on at Chelsea now, if someone's story went like that and then they just went **** it I am blowing the January budget on some wonderkids and shipping out my underperforming stars I would be fine with it. It is all about the context.

I can't say I'm a fan of them, but I'm in a luxurious situation this year where I cant do that, so it definitely helps me to stay interested as well.

I dont mind if someone signs a typical wonderkid like a Romero, but as long as there are some diff signings and I find there usually is, but almost every save, 1 of the typical wonderkids are signed IE: Romero, Balanta, Zivkovic, Barbosa, Tielemans, Vallejo

Building a team around a core wonderkid is acceptable to me although if you're going to follow the whole cheatsheet and sign your whole XI + subs & reserves in them then it's pretty pointless.

Building a team like with the Basque policy or only using signings within your academy sounds like a great idea really.. Ideally what the Class of 92 are trying to do with Salford sounds pretty cool.