Wonderkids/Quality Players from Minnow Nations?

ryanlion28

Reaction score
Has anyone found any wonderkids from small nations on FM18? If you have post screenshots! Seems a lot harder this year with the new scouting system, so if you have one from previous fms please post them here too!

Are you talking about real players or newgens? For real players, there are some but it depends on what you consider a "minnow nation" and what leagues you have loaded. A lot of high-potential players from smaller nations have already been snapped up by clubs from Spain, Italy, England, etc.

My starting GK in a save in Mexico is a 19-year old newgen from Bolivia. Picked him on a free (amateur club) and he's developed well. 5 star potential but don't know that he'll ever be truly world class. Still, developing well. Bolivia isn't exactly a minnow but they are one of the smallest in South America.

Managing in Mexico, I troll the US for talent and often find decent Canadians. Have a Costa Rican defender in this save but his personality is poor and he's refusing to be mentored, so he won't develop all that well.

I've seen plenty of newgens of quality from tiny nations in Europe but its very random. Depends on each save, because factors like DB size, active nations, etc, come into play. For some REALLY tiny nations, I've seen newgens in nations like France and The Netherlands come thru with some pretty obscure secondary nationalities, and on rare occasion, one of them will choose to represent the second nation.

Bolivias a great one, I do see a lot of good Canadians on FM but i haven't come across a Bolivian before!

All the South American nations will produce some quality young players. Again depends on active leagues and DB size. the GK could get the Wonderkid label. I also signed a Bolivian rightback with similar potential, but he's already 19 so dunno if he develop fast enough. I've seen some Central American nations produce some decent ones in past versions, but I think that was database files to active some of those leagues.

A decent idea if someone wanted to try a minnow international save is choose Curacao or Suriname and load the Dutch leagues. Lots of players with them as their 2nd nationality! Edgar Davids was from Suriname. Patrick Kluiverts parents were from both