Woodgate left out of Spurs squad

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 907

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Jonathan Woodgate is left out of Tottenham's 25-man squad but Manchester United include Owen Hargreaves.

More...

To me, I don't blame Harry. He's still got to have one more operation and if we take the risk of including him in our squad it could be a total disaster. He hasn't played in at least a year and I think if we chose him and he became fit again he would want to jump straight back into the squad, anyway we have William Gallas now who is definately better and a lot more expierenced in the CL. :)

Good decision by Harry,Spurs really cant risk to waste a place on that injury-prone player....Suprsied Hargreaves was included in the Man Utd Squad though

Good decision by Harry,Spurs really cant risk to waste a place on that injury-prone player....Suprsied Hargreaves was included in the Man Utd Squad though
becuase we have the space to, and SAF probably thinks theres a chance of him back before christmas.

think its curtains for woodgate, which is a shame because he was class

Last edited:
Apparently he's having one last groin operation to save his career. Gutted for him, he was one of Englands best on his day.

Not much of a surprise, considering how he's been plagued with injuries for the last few years so, I'm guessing tha it's possibly the end of the road?

yer i cant see Woodgate getting back to anywere near his useual standard unfortunatly for England.

Loan him to Plymouth when he is (finally) fit plz. :wub:

such a shame great defender

was his last goal for Spurs V hull on Monday Night Footbal on Setanta Sports1 in 08/09 as i remember watching that game. If i can remember i think it was a header?

Good defender. Shame he can't regain his old form because of his injury problems. Hopefully the planned operation will help his cause.

Back