Wootton blames for Liverpool defection

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K
I

iNickStuff

Manchester United youngster Scott Wootton has blamed Rafael Benitez's pursuit of foreign players for his defection from Liverpool.

Wootton, 19, was highly rated at Anfield and had been the first starlet since Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen to play for the club in an under-18s tournament when only 14. The centre-back rejected a permanent deal after he grew disillusioned with the ex-manager's decision to flood the academy with imported talent.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-united-youngster-scott-wootton-blames-rafael

NOTE:

This is a Goal.com article, but it is not on transfers. Please be aware of it.​

Never heard of the guy but good luck to him in his career at Man Utd. I think the reason why Rafa was bringing in alot of foreign players was that was all he knew was foreign players. He did develop Kelly, Spearing, Darby and brought in Rahem Sterling, Jack Robinson, Shelvey though so some of the English players who are there were developed / bought by Rafa.

I think he is right, Rafa never really bought English players and spent stupid money on foreign players insted. And ok gavstacey you say he developed Kelly and co but really??? Are they really at the level of some of the other young talent out their?

I think he is right, Rafa never really bought English players and spent stupid money on foreign players insted. And ok gavstacey you say he developed Kelly and co but really??? Are they really at the level of some of the other young talent out their?
he didnt spend stupid money, do you have any idea how expensive british youngsters are?

Kelly Is a Beastttt, Sterling is to young to say, i like Darby

Not so much spearing, i think shelvey will turn good
& to answer your question Kelly is at that level, shelvey & Sterling look like they could get there, spearing probably not .

he didnt spend stupid money, do you have any idea how expensive british youngsters are?

20 million for Keane when they got rid of Crouch for 11 million who did score goals

20 million for Aquallani when that would have bought possibly Milner or Barry

11 million for Ryan Babel but they let Bellamy go for 7 million

For me that is a waste of money.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Kelly Is a Beastttt, Sterling is to young to say, i like Darby

Not so much spearing, i think shelvey will turn good
& to answer your question Kelly is at that level, shelvey & Sterling look like they could get there, spearing probably not .

I have seen Kelly and i will happily exclude him because i think he should be playing insted of Johnson. But their isen't alot of young talent coming through and hasen't been since Gerrard and Carragher really.

20 million for Keane when they got rid of Crouch for 11 million who did score goals

20 million for Aquallani when that would have bought possibly Milner or Barry

11 million for Ryan Babel but they let Bellamy go for 7 million

For me that is a waste of money.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

I have seen Kelly and i will happily exclude him because i think he should be playing insted of Johnson. But their isen't alot of young talent coming through and hasen't been since Gerrard and Carragher really.
none of those are youngsters so thats irrelevant. they didnt end up paying 20 million for aqualani either

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

and they tried to get barry but were rebuffed

none of those are youngsters so thats irrelevant. they didnt end up paying 20 million for aqualani either

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

and they tried to get barry but were rebuffed

Im just raising the point that Rafa did waste money and sell players he proberly shouldnt have. He is also part to blame in Liverpools fall aswell as others and it feels like he has a bubble around him so he can't be held any part responsible.

Im just raising the point that Rafa did waste money and sell players he proberly shouldnt have. He is also part to blame in Liverpools fall aswell as others and it feels like he has a bubble around him so he can't be held any part responsible.
but thats got nothing to with the OP article, we're talking about academy players. there is no way rafa could have brought in british talent at the same price as he did with imported talent.

a Chelsea fan talking about teams spending stupid money on flops :S

The difference is we arn't in the **** because of some of the bad buys we made. The bad buys Liverpool made haven't helped their cause.

Stay on topic, the OP is nothing to do with who has spent money on this flop or that flop.

It's about Liverpool under the soon to be previous regime bringing in a lot of foreign youngsters and almsot totally neglecting their home grown youth setup.

Last edited:
The difference is we arn't in the **** because of some of the bad buys we made. The bad buys Liverpool made haven't helped their cause.

Tbh the only reason you wasn't in the **** is because Roman Abramovich is mega rich

Andriy Shevchenko - £30.8 million
Juan Sebastian Veron - £15 million
Hernan Crespo - £16.8 million
Shaun Wright-Phillips - £21 million
Khalid Boulahrouz - £8.5 million
Paulo Ferreira - £13.2 million (good first season then flopped)

Sorry About being off topic

Don't say sorry, dont go off topic after I'v ejsut told you not to!

1. Surely Rafa and his coaching staff are a better judge of talent than Wootton. Their record at that level speaks for itself.

2. Like Madsheep said, English youngsters are expensive.

3. Rafa didn't waste money on youngsters. Most of them that didn't quite cut it have been sold on for a profit or a minimal loss.

1. Surely Rafa and his coaching staff are a better judge of talent than Wootton. Their record at that level speaks for itself.

2. Like Madsheep said, English youngsters are expensive.

3. Rafa didn't waste money on youngsters. Most of them that didn't quite cut it have been sold on for a profit or a minimal loss.

Like what you said in your second point, the good english youngsters are so overpriced that's why benitez went for the forign players. I have no problem with it if the players are good but when the crappy ones get ahead of the english players annoys me.

Lets put it this way..... There is hardly any talent in England when you compare it countries such as Brazil and Argentina and now with the new squad rules the price of good British Youngsters is going to shoot the roof so I dont really balme Rafa as even in his day Good British Youngsters were expensive and Liverpool then were not exactly the richest club in England

Back