ryzo11

Reaction score
I am trying to renew a guy's contract who is currently out on-loan but can't because he hasn't got a work permit but I am sure I have been able to renew other players' contracts in the past without one, so I was just wondering if anyone has had similar issues?

Yes, managing West Brom currently and tried renewing Yacob's contract at the end of the first season. However it tells me he has been denied a work permit so renewal is not possible.

I signed Varela on a free after he'd been released by Manchester United. He was denied a work permit but I was allowed to sign him anyway. He'd already spent some time in Spain so I offered him for loan in the hope of getting a Spanish club to take him until he'd amassed enough days to get the work permit, but only South American clubs wanted to take him. I left the club and returned again a couple of seasons later and he was still there with no permit. So I sold him for £4 million and re-invested the cash into the team.

More recently, I was denied a work permit for the goalkeeper Denys Boyko but I still had the opportunity to sign him. I cancelled the deal, though, and switched my attentions to Joel Drommel of FC Twente (via Southampton).

Hmmm... it sounds wired to me because I've never encounter something like that... I think, maybe, the issue happens when you try to renew a guy's contract when he's on loan?

Hmmm... it sounds wired to me because I've never encounter something like that... I think, maybe, the issue happens when you try to renew a guy's contract when he's on loan?

He's back from his loan and the issue is still there.