work permit issue

• Thread starter Thread starter inky#22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

inky#22

Reaction score
I'm in my second season in the premier league with my Middlesbrough team. In the summer transfer window i sign Bryan Oviedo on a free transfer. Great, but all of a sudden, after he signed, he isn't granted a work permit, so I can't use him.

So, I decide to send him out on loan to Malaga, who wants to use him in their starting eleven.

If he plays alot of games up until january window, can i call him back and re- apply for a WP?

He's 380 some days away from gaining british citizenship..[h=1][/h]

Try offering him a new contract with a bigger role in your squad, otherwise try appeal it when you can or he has to play more games for his country.

I had the same problem with Mayke, had to loan him out for a couple of seasons and he still wouldnt get a wp then finally he passed it and now hes a gun in my team. Worth the wait but so frustrating.

View attachment 302103

Lucky for me i had Ryan Taylor in great form.

View attachment 302102

Last edited:
I think i gave him a key player role. It is frustrating yes, he was going to be in my starting eleven, so it ruins it a bit..

If he is 380 days from British citizenship, make sure you loan him to an English team ie in the EPL or Championship team. Do not loan him to a Spanish team because that will interrupt his continuous residency.

If he is 380 days from British citizenship, make sure you loan him to an English team ie in the EPL or Championship team. Do not loan him to a Spanish team because that will interrupt his continuous residency.

But they wouldn't be able to play him either would they? Loaning him to a country in the EU with easy to gain citizenships would be the best option.

Send him to Malaga. First game he played, he made 2 assist and averaged 8.70 :D

I tried offering him a new contract, but his agent wouldnt let me, because he just signed on..

Back