Work permit issues

• Thread starter Thread starter coolguyrko
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

coolguyrko

Reaction score
I'm playing as city and I'm in mid season of the first season.
i tried signing Douglas from FC twente on a free at the end of his contract. As usual delays for wp etc but then his got rejected and I appealed. Shortly afterwards the message Douglas set to sign. In the excitement :p of the moment I forgot to read the ******* fine print. He hasn't actually been granted a wp. I know I can loan him out but I don't want to wait 3 years especially when he will be on 25k a week. Does anyone know if you can re apply for the work permit or is there any loop hole. It shouldn't be that hard. In another game I joined city from Blackburn and they already had him and he already had his wp.

Last edited:
it normally re-applies for a work permit when you sign a new contract with the player

Send him off on loan to your club that is there for WP things like this. Whilst he is there, every now and then you can renew contract. I've known it to take couple of seasons to get people to get one though.

As I said its definitely not the idea I had in mind but I suppose I could even try and ln him for half a season and renew his contract and see if it works.

Yeah its a pain tbh I've done it before so I feel your pain. It just makes you all the wiser :)

Yeah its a pain tbh I've done it before so I feel your pain. It just makes you all the wiser :)
I can't really complain tho. I have already bought eriksen and muniain( 3 goals and an assist in 2 games). What gives me even greater comfort is that I checked genie scout and muniains pa in my save is 194. He is now literally the new messi.

Back