LeeFox1988

Reaction score
Is anyone else having work permit problems for regens?
I am Everton, and having a worldwide scouting network, and always sign highly rated regens from all over the place. I currently have regens from Peru, South Africa, South Korea, Japan, Argentina & Bangladesh all out on loan. I had to send them all out on loan upon signing for whatever reason. However, nearly 3 seasons down the line, and only the Japanese player managed to get a work permit. Every 3/4 months (however long it is) I reapply, but get turned down as they either haven't played in enough international games, or the nation isn't ranked high enough, or sometimes no reason at all. This is very frustrating, as Benfica also signed a South African youngster (nation not ranked high enough), and walked straight into the first team. What happened to the work permit being granted if they have significant potential. All the regens I sign have 4-5 star potential. If this is always going to happen, why bother sign regens? i hope this gets tweaked for next season.

benfica can sign them cos thay dont need work permits there is a lot of countrys that dont need wp

i hope this gets tweaked for next season.

View attachment 86539

Work Permits are different for every country and as far as I know, the "having massive potential" is only for players who actually have massive potential; and that doesn't equate to 4-5* PA since that can be anything depending on your club and the CA of the players at your club.

Only only assistant metric is if they've played enough games at International level.

Portugal is famous for having Lax Work Permit rules for S.America; why else do you think so many of Europe's Brazilian based players have come through Portugal first?

Benfica was just an example. It happened for other players I wanted to sign, who had WP problems, went on to join Barcelona, Lyon, Torino. It just seems to be so difficult to sign non-EU players. Whether for the first team, or for the future, it could be at least 3,4,5 years before they'll be able to play. If you want to try and find 'the one' it's harder then trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Benfica was just an example. It happened for other players I wanted to sign, who had WP problems, went on to join Barcelona, Lyon, Torino. It just seems to be so difficult to sign non-EU players. Whether for the first team, or for the future, it could be at least 3,4,5 years before they'll be able to play. If you want to try and find 'the one' it's harder then trying to find a needle in a haystack.

To be honest mate, It's more of a case of England's wp rules are extra hard; not that everyone else is easier.
France has special rules making African nations eligible for French Nationality so they don't get rejected.

This isn't a problem with the game, it's a problem with Real life. I feel your pain but that's what we get fro buying an accurate and realistic portrayal of the current footballing world.