World class defenders but concede lots of goals

• Thread starter Thread starter lukeyd2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5K

lukeyd2011

Reaction score
hi i am currently 4 seasons in with man city. i have a world class back line but they concede far too many. in the prem alone last season they let in 41 goals. I play 4-2-2-2 with fluid and high tempo but i play with a deep defensive line. my defenders are.

LB clichy
RB corchia

i have 3 world class CBs and they all get pleanty of games between them,

Sakho, Kompany and chillini

i dont understand with defenders like that how i concede that many. espeshialy with joe hart in goal. Last season i scored 115 and conceded 41 in the prem which cost me the title. also i let loads in against smaller teams aswell.

what can i do to prevent this shambles happening.

If you're playing a very attacking formation (I'm presuming you mean a 4-2-2-2 with 2 CM and 2 wingers, rather than a box) you have to accept that you'll concede. Are you [ressing far up the pitch? If so, maybe a higher defensive line is needed. Players could be finding the space between the defense and midfield, so pushing it up would close that gap. Your defenders are pretty quick and intelligent, so maybe play the offside trap with a high defensive line.

Try setting the match preperation to high/very high on defensive postitioning or defending set pieces if youar conceding a majority of goals from corners.:)

Try setting the match preperation to high/very high on defensive postitioning or defending set pieces if youar conceding a majority of goals from corners.:)

this is a good tip ( the slider has no effect on the "match" focus areas, only how quick the team learns the tactic)

By the way, nice bump ;D

also you could set a higher defensive line as i believe you have quite fast centre and full backs :D

Back