Smithy1981

Reaction score
As im useless at making tactics, im wondering if any one has made or is willing to make a Germany and Holland tactic based on how they have played so far at world cup as both team play very good football and wish to be able to use that kind of tactic in Football Manager 2014 with my Liverpool save

I won the world cup with Brazil (on my Swansea and Brazil save) with TotalFootballFan9's Perfection v2... I got it 75 percent fluid by setting up 8 pre-world cup friendlies (one every two days... my squad was ****** from it, but no injuries). The only game I struggled with was the Portuguese 2nd round (or whatever it's called, the first game after the group stages) and that was a very narrow win.

Gyazo - cc3e231af601e054232b75c1f9a6d99f.png

Note: The Colombia game was my test tactic that I played with against Spain earlier on. (which I drew, abandoned it after a poor showing against Spain, decided to put my faith in it in the final because in friendlies Colombia smashed me with Perfection)

Maybe the 4-2-3-1 wasn't the best to get the best out of the Brazil squad, but I won it.

Last edited:
There are no instructions set there plus the positioning in brazil case at least is totally wrong. Neymar as playmaker (H)

You've clearly just looked at the screen shots and not read anything.

And how is the positioning totally wrong. They played a 4-2-3-1 of sorts.

You've clearly just looked at the screen shots and not read anything.

And how is the positioning totally wrong. They played a 4-2-3-1 of sorts.

Neymar was mostly on the left wing, in game would be translated as inside forward with a support duty (comes mid to help build play and goes for the box) and should have "come deep to get the ball" which for an inside forward is in game totally wrong, the move for him should be "look to beat the offside trap"

Just saying.

haver any of those tactics be made downloadable as i the german and holland tactics are very intriguing

Mostly on the left wing? I'm really not sure you watched the game.

Check out his heat map here (under events): Brazil 3 - 1 Croatia

What should i see there ? Most of his passing went through the left. Very little mid and he had some right side. Does that mean he was a playmaker ?

If pirlo is to be found 5 times past the mid line, is he an attacking midfielder/striker ?

View attachment 369795

So television is wrong, the Passing achieved totally lies, maybe even scolari was wrong and you were right.

What should i see there ? Most of his passing went through the left. Very little mid and he had some right side. Does that mean he was a playmaker ?

If pirlo is to be found 5 times past the mid line, is he an attacking midfielder/striker ?

View attachment 612769

So television is wrong, the Passing achieved totally lies, maybe even scolari was wrong and you were right.

Yeah, Gustavo played on the left, Oscar in the middle? Hulk on the right? That image clearly is one from before the game. But they didn't line up like that. As I said before, I'm really not sure you actually watched the game.

He clearly started in the middle and drifted out to both wings at times.

View attachment 369793

World Cup 2014: group stage, day 1 | Zonal Marking

I am right. You are wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, Gustavo played on the left. That image clearly is right.

He clearly started in the middle and drifted out to both wings at times.

View attachment 612772

World Cup 2014: group stage, day 1 | Zonal Marking

I am right. You are wrong.

He was clearly started on wing, "free role" that cuts inside, switches wings and has a support duty that makes him come deep and link play.

Play a game with those insturctions, then play a game with an ap set to "run wide" and notice the difference.

He was clearly started on wing, "free role" that cuts inside, switches wings and has a support duty that makes him come deep and link play.

Play a game with those insturctions, then play a game with an ap set to "run wide" and notice the difference.

Hulk was on the left. Oscar on the right. Neymar in the middle, but he was given a free role and drifted. And occasionally the wingers swapped around. It's not difficult to understand. Also, if Neymar played on the left, where did Hulk play? Why did Scolari play two players LM/LW?

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/06/13/world-cup-tactical-analysis-brazil-3-1-croatia/

From ESPN (who you've posted an image from before (probably a pre game image))...

"One factor in Alves' defensive difficulties was that, while Luiz Felipe Scolari selected the XI expected, it was not the most anticipated line-up. Oscar spent much of the match on the right, rather than as a No. 10, with Hulk shifted to the left. The Zenit St Petersburg forward tends to protect Alves and, while Oscar was influential in the final third and has a reputation for defensive diligence, he didn't offer as much assistance against Olic as Alves required." http://www.espnfc.com/blog/tactics-...zilrampaging-arjen-robben-the-inverted-winger

They say Hulk on the left and Oscar on the right.

Last edited: