World Golden Ball

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just wondering, has anyone ever seen a defender or a goalkeeper winning the World Golden Ball? In my experiences with Football Manager, I've never seen this happen. So, did anyone ever have a Cannavaro? :D

Tielemans4President

I'm interested to know if anyone has even had a goalkeeper nominated or had him get runner-up! But as far as I know, goalkeepers in general do not get high enough ratings. As for a defender, I have seen plenty get nominated but at most get runner-up.

You have possibly the best username on this entire site hahahah..

But as far as I know, goalkeepers in general do not get high enough ratings. As for a defender, I have seen plenty get nominated but at most get runner-up.

Same here. I think I've seen a goalkeeper get nominated maybe once or twice in a long-term save, and it was like a Buffon-level regen...

Never happened to me and to be honest ever since I started playing FM, Fernando Torres was my only player who won the Golden Ball (managing Reading in FM07, he scored something like 70 goals in that season).

Right now with Porto, its a "now or never" situation for Quintero. But the animal Aboubakar and the beast Balanta also shortlisted.

View attachment 242278

Most probably Quintero will lose out to Messi not to mention Balanta. :(

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :D

Never happened to me and to be honest ever since I started playing FM, Fernando Torres was my only player who won the Golden Ball (managing Reading in FM07, he scored something like 70 goals in that season).

Right now with Porto, its a "now or never" situation for Quintero. But the animal Aboubakar and the beast Balanta also shortlisted.

View attachment 912588

Most probably Quintero will lose out to Messi not to mention Balanta. :(

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :D
I'll rooting for ya! But I'm guessing Messi is going to ****** it away!

Back