Would first team football help or hinder youngsters?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reggaezal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Im using Milan and i have about 4 youngsters, namely Mats Rits, Marco Verratti, Yaya Sanogo and andrea poli.

I have lukaku too but he's on another level.

So i have given Veratti the most Serie A games and my tactic allows the central advance playmaker to roam about alot and he even got a hat trick once. Rits covers for ambrosini and gattuso often, box to box/ ball winning midfielder. Sanogo is my 6th striker choice. he hasnt impressed much in the 5 games ive given me, got 1 goal though. Poli is a good passer but he has not achieved the "defensive" field of a defensive midfielder so i have not given him much.

point is, i set all these youngsters available for reserve match. but i feel that giving them from 5-10 games a season is a tad wasteful. However loaning them out seems like even more wasteful, every save ive played the players i have loaned out come back playing less than 10 games a season.

What do you reccomend? and what clubs should i start loaning my players to?

Standard in belgium should be in your affiliated clubs, I used to loan my better young players to them

When a team offers to take your player on loan they will tell you if the player will play often. They usually say something like "he will act as back-up to the first-team" or "he will be a key player"

Okay mate, if your are going to loan out your youngsters then there are two factors you need to consider:

First is that when looking at the loan offer make sure it says 'will become a valube member of the first team' so this makes sure that the youngsters is going to be in the first team week in week out.

Secondly is that you make sure that the team you are loaning to have a decent training ground so that they are not missing out on the training that they would be getting at your team.

By the way mate on my Tottenham save i got brighton as a feeder club and i sent youngsters like: John Bostock, Danny Rose and Dean Parrett to them. They came back all having played 30+ games with average ratings of 7.81, 7.56, 7.95. (in order with names). So i would definetly suggest Brighton.

On my Real Madrid save I signed Lukaku, Verrati and also Djalo (not as young as them two, but a good back-up.)

With Lukaku I played him in most of my cup games - and he scored 15 in 6 for me.. including 3 against Barcelona in the Semi.

Verratti played around 10 games for me in AMC and he got 4 assists and 2 goals, I only played him against clubs I expected a high win against.
Djalo played in 18 games and scored 21 goals for me.

The best way to improve your youngsters is to get them tutored - so tutor Lukaku with Inzaghi because they are similar. Play them in cup games and loan them out to teams in active leagues.

I've had Verratti for 1 1/2 seasons and have been playing him. I don't have the best people to tutor him. But in his first season I played him off the bench with him always being available for reserves - a half here and there, the occasional spot start in easy cup ties and opponents I know I'm going to hammer. You have to take some lumps, though and he was awful in those appearances in the 1st season. But his stats steadily climbed. I moved him in to my starting line up in my second season and it's been pretty spectacular. All of his mental, technical and physical stats have improved at least 2 points in the last 6 months.

As long as you have good coaching and great facilities (4- 4 1/2 stars) and play him occasionally he will get better quickly.

i think that you should play them, and give them the chance to show they are good enough, say around a whole season in the first team. Also give them the training they need and make sure they get proper tutoring

Back