lee3009

Reaction score
OK can someone please explain why they taken out so much from fm13! sliders etc!
We're left with options which are not very clear!

SO SO SO many times i have lost games because my defensive line is so far up the field! but on fm14 i have NO **** CLUE how to get them to sit deep! fm13 had a slider fm14 is BS!

If anyone can explain and let me know how to get my defense to actually get back and then engage i would be so thankful, Right now im on the verge of getting rid of fm14 and playing fm13.

Cheers

Team instructions on the right side when you're on the tactics page.

I am disappointed the sliders aren't in FM14. Because last FM editions I was like a Louis Van Gaal.. no, not because of his and mine results, but I was thinking because of my tactics all the trophy's i have won, where because of me. Every little thing I could set down, like I wanted. But now, you choose a mentality and a few player instructions and sit back to see if you are going to win. No, I don't like this FM version at all.

I am disappointed the sliders aren't in FM14. Because last FM editions I was like a Louis Van Gaal.. no, not because of his and mine results, but I was thinking because of my tactics all the trophy's i have won, where because of me. Every little thing I could set down, like I wanted. But now, you choose a mentality and a few player instructions and sit back to see if you are going to win. No, I don't like this FM version at all.

You can choose team instructions much easier now, much more realistic.

View attachment 462365

How is it realistic when you instruct your team to sit incredibly deep, yet they're all caught near the halfway line and the opposition striker can run behind them and have a chance to score two or three times a game?

How is it realistic when you instruct your team to sit incredibly deep, yet they're all caught near the halfway line and the opposition striker can run behind them and have a chance to score two or three times a game?
That's not the game's fault, that's yours. In real life, managers don't get to set sliders for precision, they give the team tactical instructions verbally (much like in FM14) but the manager doesn't tell them how to do everything.

Then why are my center halves wandering into the opposition half and leaving a sole striker all alone, when one is set to man marking of that striker and the other is set to cover and stick to position?

If the players aren't following your instructions then play more disciplined, more rigid, tell them to stick to their positions. Also if your using an attack mentality then your defensive line will still be quite high even with a drop deeper instruction.

Imo I think this system is way better than in fm13, and the versions before that.
For once you can actual control the match way more easy.