XBox 360 Game Room.

JP Woody

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded the Arcade game room yet from XBox live? Its free to download and also comes with 2 games packs (also free) featuring 70s and 80s arcade classics. Not quite sure how it works yet but it involves your avatar going around a virtual arcade spending tokens.You can also gain tokens when your friends visit your Arcade.

Anyone got any thoughts or more info on this?

Microsoft-announces-Game-Room-for-Xbox-360-PC.jpg

game_room.jpg

Last edited:
Downloading this now, Thanks JP.

Wasn't aware it was out yet. Will give it a download tomorrow! :)

Looks like Playstation Home, but with a more 'cartoony' feel to it.

is not quite playstation home, its different, but its awesome and you feel like its 1986 or something in those arcades.

Ehh, I hate all these sort of things. I don't see the fun of walking to a game to play it when I can simply press a button and it begins playing. It just seems to be an unnecessary addition to an already quite muddled process. + most of the games don't really hold up now, and whilst it might be fun for a quick 5 minute blast, I wouldn't actually buy any of the arcade games 'cause it's more of an impulse thing to play these old retro games.

I was wondering why can you play the game ? do you have to watch it ? or do you lay the full game when you buy the full game
apart from a first glance looking cool it seems unnecessary like you said

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the way it works is you can have one free trial of any game, then either pay a small amount for one go (like being in an arcade) or just buy the game outright and have unlimited plays.