York City - Stadium code editing help please!

Yorkshire Boy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been playing York City and it's currently 2019, I've managed to stabilise in the top 10 of the Premier League and all is well except...

...The York Community Stadium that York City move in to in 2013 (pre-programmed into the game) is tiny, it's 12,500 with no capacity to expand. Not only that but the 20 year rule that prohibits the game from allowing a new stadium being built pretty much shafts me to the point where I have to edit the game. The city has a population of roughly 200,000, so realism shouldn't be too hard to follow - especially considering the fact I only want a 20k - 25k seater.

Now normally this wouldn't have been an issue when my old FMRTE is working because I'd alter the capacity.

However, for the life of me I can't get the licence file (of which I've tried in every format) to work and the FMRTE website/forum/support centre is failing me just as hard. So, I've been scouring the internet looking for .lnc codes or similar (those used to change the name of the stadium and that kind of thing) in order to expand the capacity, but to no avail.

It may be similar to changing stadium name (see below)

Code:
"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" <ID> "New Stadium" ""

like...

Code:
"STADIUM_NAME_SIZE" <ID> "New Stadium Capacity" ""

But that would be just a guess, something I don't really wanna try out just in case... **** - it might require a different type of file other than .lnc, I just don't know.

Can anyone help me out in this? I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks.

Last edited:
SO! And this is a big ask to the FM-Base community, especially considering I'm new here - but would anyone be willing to take my save game and alter it in their FMRTE for FM12? I just want the capacity of the stadium to 20,000 with option to expand another 20,000 (so expansion capacity would be 40,000).

I know it's a big ask, but honestly right now I'm out of options and it's driving me insane...

I will repay you in...erm...good karma!!! :)

If any of you are up for it (shouldn't take that long I don't think), just post below and I'll contact you.

Cheers! You'd be really helping an FM buddy out!!!

Great, you'd be willing to quickly do it, Nir_h? Do you have the version of FMRTE that works with the latest update of FM12?

I know it's a strange request, I wouldn't have asked if 1) my v5.2.5 of FMRTE was working, 2) I could work the code to do it manually or 3) find someone I know who's computer could run it.

Cheers for replying to my thread guys and wanting to do this!

It'll probably easier navigating to the stadium by searching "York City" and loading up the club file, but if you need the stadium ID code it's: 8601529

Here's the link to the file: http://rapidshare.com/share/83A303D5CA3A19E972E0A00998A689FC You may need to open up a free rapidshare account to access this, but don't worry - I've just done it and it barely took me 2 minutes.

It might have a different name (The York Community Stadium or the Qantas Stadium because I renamed it) but it's the right stadium, so don't worry!

If you could, please set the current capacity to 20,000, the expansion capacity to 40,000 and set the age of the stadium to the year 2002 please.

Thank you so much mate, I really appreciate it!

P.s you may have to quickly make a rapidshare account (or similar) unless you have something like it to upload - so I can download it, if you get me!

Cheers :)

Just to be specific because it can be a little elusive, once you've clicked that link, press on 'to download' and it should bring up my 'York City 1' game film for you to download.

Cheers.

send it to me ill look for you

Hi Gavin,

I couldn't private message you because your inbox is full apparently.

Did the editting go alright? Have you managed to upload to Mediafire or somewhere?

Cheers.