You can't open the application fm because it is not supported on this type of mac

• Thread starter Thread starter mattowf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

mattowf

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Football Manager 2012 and it is giving me a huge headache and I am tearing my hair out!

My retail bought copy works fine on my iMac but when I try and play it on my macbook, after installation with Steam and I click to play I get this message - You can't open the application FM because it is not supported on this type of Mac.

Can somebody let me know what I can do to fix this error or explain why I am getting it? I just don't understand!

Matt

I also have this problem, after googling I found it is because of the new update for Mac's. Is your macbook more recent than your iMac? it may have the new OS X 10.7.3 on it which means FM won't play. If you want to continue playing it don't update your mac at the moment. It's something to do with the graphics cards not being supported or found.

I've contacted sega about it and they asked for information about my iMac so they could analyse the problem.

Back