Young Defenders w/ Potential

Ian Caithness

Reaction score
Alright, so, here we go. I've often noticed in team guides about Newcastle United that one of their major flaws is their defense and it's a point I agree with but few seem to be able to come up with a definitive answer about who is best to sign to replace the trio of defenders (Coloccini, Williamson and S. Taylor). In my latest save as Newcastle United, I succeeded in signing Raul Albiol from Real Madrid for around £6 million and then Kyle Walker from Tottenham for £10-£15 million, both of whom have been excellent signings. The problem is that, no matter what, there's always that feeling that either Coloccini or Taylor will still play a big part and, when they do, the back-four is weakened.

If you were Newcastle United, which young players would you sign to bolster the defense and replace the weak back-four with one that supports Santon, rather than holding him back?

The current set-up I use is a small database with England only, simply for resource-saving purposes (FM13 crashes my computer...a lot).

Back