young defenders

• Thread starter Thread starter minimania50
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

minimania50

Reaction score
Is it possible to put young central defenders into your team and for them to perform well. Every time i play any defender under the age of 27 I leak goals or they make silly mistakes, anyone else have the same problems?

im not convinced that age is that much of a issue. these mental attributes: composure, concentration, decisions, anticipation as well as positioning are the most important for a central defender. poor composure/concentration would result in them being more error prone.

I have noticed this on a couple of occasions but they will get better with age just try to play them with someone with experience.

I signed Otamendi who is a young lad, but turns out to be world beater. Started out by turning in poor performances, 5.7 and 5.8 etc, but then I paired him up with Phillipe Mexes both on the pitch, and got Mexes to tutor him also. Now, less then 6 months on, he is solid as a rock at the back, and also my top goal scorer funnily enough (majority of these come from headers he wins during corners/free kicks)

To answer the question, i think if the young defender is complimented with an experiecned are technically gifted partner, you should be alright!

On my Aberdeen game, my current first choice defense is RB18, CB's 23 & 19 and LB 19. I have John O'Shea and Damien Delaney as back ups both are 33. My two other back ups are 19 and 21.

They don't seem to be struggling.

Nothing to do with age..it's all about attributes like concentration and desicion making..i'm happier with young defenders, they're usually faster and so can make up for their mistakes...my defence at the mo is otamendi and zapata. who are both 25 in my game..i've only conceded 13 goals, and it's march so thats pretty great..

Back