Young Is The New Old | A Sam Barrell Story

LUFC Baz

Reaction score
Another normal day in the life of Sam Barrell working a night shift every day for the past two months but this job does not have the excitement he is looking for, his ambition has always been to be a 'Football Manager' with a job like that he can put of all his coaching knowledge to the test.

Young Is The New Old | A Sam Barrell Story

Sleeping in the day and working in the night, it can't get any worse than this, no time for family visits or to meet up with the lads but today this has to change and having just completed my coaching course I am qualified and will make sure I take this opportunity.

On the way home from work I pop into the Service Station for a well deserved Costa Coffee. I sit down, open my laptop and check the BBC website, sport obviously just to check if there is any news on managers losing their jobs for me to step in.

But there is nothing, my dream of becoming a football manager is fading but out of nowhere this old happy chap comes and sits on my table and says "Put that laptop down, you won't be needing that anymore", I honestly thought he was going to mug me and take my laptop but no when I look up and see who it is.

I'm so surprised I can barely breathe, Tony Stewart the Rotherham United chairman is sat right there in front of me and explains how his beloved Rotherham United have not been to get back to where they used to be and he said the most strange thing. "I heard you flew through your coaching courses with the best marks ever, I believe you could be the man to take my club back to where they belong, for the fans sake". But obviously Andy Scott has still to be sacked but Tony just looks at me and said don't worry about Tony he'll be gone in the morning. I thought to myself; How could he know what I was going to say next? I just got on with it and shook his hand and he said; "Meet me tomorrow 1pm at the Don Valley Stadium".

Last edited:
Amazing, just amazing is what I say when I arrive at Don Valley Stadium. It looks like I arrived at the right time, Tony Stewart has just taken Andy Scott into his office, this is where it all begins!

In front of the Sky Sports cameras Tony announces me as the new manager of Rotherham United!

View attachment 201773
Rotherham United
Founded: 1888
Nickname: The Millers
Stadium: Don Valley Stadium
Manager: Sam Barrell
Chairman: Tony Stewart

NEXT UPDATE INCLUDES PRE SEASON & TRANSFERS!